What's for Saturday's Dinner, 12/10??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I'm grilling flanken short rib strips (I know them as Hawaiian Beef strips) and some baked beans - comfort food I haven't had for a long time. And, a winter fruit salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 12/10?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We're doing our first Christmas party tonight. Expect about 45 guests.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 12/10?? by Old Bay (We're doing our firs...)
Hope he comes back and tells us what was on the menu...Have a good party, Bill.

Pulled out a big ol' ham bone from the freezer that was just calling my name, so working on a ham and bean soup. Ron went back to Pa. for one more day of hunting, so he will need something hot and filling when he gets home tonight.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 12/10?? by Mare749 (Hope he comes back a...)
I hope Ron bags a big one, Maryann. William baged another one Thursday.

I haven't a clue what's for dinner. I may get out the soup book and see what I can find.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 12/10?? by Gourmet_Mom (I hope Ron bags a bi...)
Bill's dinner is the Seven Fishes, isn't it?? Anxious to hear about it also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 12/10?? by cjs (Bill's dinner is the...)
Still mulling it over. A friend of mine just made pork tenderloin with a marsala mustard sauce. She said it was pretty good. I might go with that (if I can find the recipe again).
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 12/10?? by Trixxee (Still mulling it ove...)
I have never had venison but I know folks hunt a lot for it up in Oregon. I don't think we'll ever get into hunting, but would like to try it someday. The grocery stores up there sell it. I don't think all year long though unless its frozen.

For dinner tonight I am clueless, tomorrow is the Ragu.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 12/10?? by DFen911 (I have never had ven...)
Denise, the best venison we've had so far has been corn fed. Ron goes to Pennsylvania every year and the land he hunts on is near corn fields. But, one year he got a buck up in the mountains that lived off "pokeberries" and it wasn't good at all.

I'm really hoping he does bring one home tonight. I hardly bought any beef this past year since we had so much venison.
Maryann

Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 12/10?? by Mare749 (Denise, the best ven...)
William feeds his deer corn. The sausage he's been making has been good. We've only been using the tenderloin. We have so many families in need in our community, he's been cutting the rest up, packaging it up, and taking it to the church food pantry.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner, 12/10?? by Gourmet_Mom (William feeds his de...)
Daphne, what a great idea! I'm going to look into that also. Ron will still be able to hunt in Ohio with a crossbow until February, so we may end up with a full freezer anyway. It never dawned on me to take it to the food bank.
Maryann