Thusday Dinner, 12/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

We're trying to be so careful (building up for holiday) lately, so tonight is Salmon fillets over couscous, not sure what else. Maybe just some fruit.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thusday Dinner, 12/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm going to rotisserie a chicken, but haven't decided on the sides yet. Will probably just be some fresh veggies I pick up today.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thusday Dinner, 12/15?? by Mare749 (I'm going to rotisse...)
Chicken amandine, a beet & microgreens salad and roasted red potatoes.
  Re: Re: Thusday Dinner, 12/15?? by Trixxee (Chicken amandine, a ...)
Fish tacos, spicy cabbage slaw. Keeping it sorta simple, getting filled up on gingerbread house scraps. Baking the houses today to dress and trim tomorrow. Will post pix
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Thusday Dinner, 12/15?? by farnfam (Fish tacos, spicy ca...)
Argentine stuffed flank steak with bravas potatoes and asparagus.
  Re: Re: Thusday Dinner, 12/15?? by losblanos1 (Argentine stuffed fl...)
"Argentine stuffed flank steak with bravas potatoes and asparagus." sounds so good.

Yes, pictures, Cis!

Well, our dinner was nothing fancy, but it sure was flavorful.

[Image: SalmonwCouscousDec14.jpg]
the couscous had tomatoes, feta and red onion and was just delicious.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thusday Dinner, 12/15?? by cjs ("Argentine stuffed f...)
I picked up Chic Filet (sp). Did some shopping!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thusday Dinner, 12/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I picked up Chic Fil...)
nery, so had leftovers when we got home at 11:30pm.

OT, but kind of funny. We had met with the lady 2 months ago, decided on the menu, pricing etc. This was a plated meal, and she had to have the numbers to us by last Monday. She never responded to any of our emails, or the winery's calls. Well, Monday she calls us saying yes, we are still on, here are the numbers and seating chart. when it came time for the guests to take their seats last night , there were 5 extra people! The choices were steaks and crabcakes, or a duo of crabcakes, or Rockfish Wellington. One of the extras eats no meat or fish. Had we known in advance, we could have made a grilled veg wellington, or something nice. Instead, he got an omelette. The lady organizing the event was mortified that the extras showed up. Sure hope she tipped us well.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Thusday Dinner, 12/15?? by Lorraine (nery, so had leftove...)
Makes you scratch your head, doesn't it?
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thusday Dinner, 12/15?? by cjs (Makes you scratch yo...)
Lorraine,

Idea: Wrap up all these stories and sell them as a book - Catering the Clueless.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?