What's for Dinner, Sat. 12/17??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Beef Stew here - cooked it yesterday and the house smelled so good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 12/17?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I have no idea. I'm off to find inspiration.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 12/17?? by Gourmet_Mom (I have no idea. I'm...)
This is almost funny. I have leftover chicken, so am going to look in "I have LEFTOVERS...What do I do now?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 12/17?? by Mare749 (This is almost funny...)
I'm making Tangy-Sweet Plum-Spiced Chicken for the first time.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 12/17?? by Mare749 (This is almost funny...)
Tonight it's meatloaf muffins with tomato gravy and a side buttermilk smashed potatoes.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 12/17?? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's meatloa...)
Taking Jane and my staff to Flemings Steak House!!! Good wife, good staff, ok year. Merry Christmas!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 12/17?? by BarbaraS (I'm making Tangy-Swe...)
Quote:

I'm making Tangy-Sweet Plum-Spiced Chicken for the first time.

Barbara

I forgot all about that one!

I was craving carne asada tacos but didn't have enough time to marinate my own meat so I bought some pre-marinated from the butcher counter. We shall see.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 12/17?? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
That is funny (and nice), Maryann - hope you get an idea.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 12/17?? by cjs (That is funny (and n...)
I think Jean and I are on the same wave length. Although not making stew, but the Pioneer Woman's Pot Roast. Was watching her this morning and thought wow I haven't done one in years. Here's the link http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/...pot_roast/
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 12/17?? by DFen911 (I think Jean and I a...)
Denise, I hope you guys like that one as much as I did! I just realized I haven't been on her site in forever! Since I replaced my iPad! I'm off there now!

Barbara, I hope you like it as much as we do! I can't thank Trixxee (?) enough for that one!

As for dinner, years ago, my cafeteria ladies made the best veggie soup with hamburger. That was when you could buy a gallon to take home for dinner. When they stopped that, the cafeteria manager paired down the recipe for me. I haven't made it in a long time....William took it over years ago. Today, I had a craving for it, the old way, before William changed it so much. I decided to put my own spin on it. I made it with my own ground Italian sausage and added a Parmesan rind. Very good!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.