What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/18?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for tonght?

We have a Christmas party to go to and I'm taking the Sweet & Saucy Kielbasa.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/18? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Tonight it's macaroni & cheese with basil bread crumbs and a side of sautéed kielbasa & apples. Dessert is blackberry cobbler with coconut-pecan topping and Crème Anglaise.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/18? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's macaron...)
I'm going to his /\ house!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/18? by Mare749 (I'm going to his /\ ...)
LOL, Blaine! Last night, I made some macaroni and cheese with bacon.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/18? by labradors (LOL, Blaine! Last ni...)
We're celebrating College Boy's graduation today! Yippee! He's requested steaks with sauteed mushrooms and twice baked potatoes. Mom's adding broccoli to the menu. Should be good.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/18? by HomeCulinarian (We're celebrating Co...)
What a relief to have him done!! Great accomplishment for the whole family.

Not dinner, but a good Sunday Sparkling Brunch - with L/O meatloaf burritos... yum!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/18? by cjs (What a relief to hav...)
Okay, since I can't get a flight to Blane's house by dinner time, we decided to make "Bang Bang Shrimp" a copycat recipe from the Bonefish Grill appetizer menu. I've actually never had it, but my daughters both love it, so it sounded fun.

Oh, will probably make an Asian slaw to go with.

Bang Bang Shrimp

Yield: 2 – 4 as appetizer

1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined

For the sauce:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
4-5 teaspoons chili garlic sauce, such as Sriracha sauce
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon rice vinegar

For the egg mixture:
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk

For the breading mixture:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried basil

For frying:
8 to 12 cups vegetable oil

Instructions
Combine all ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl; cover and set aside.
Combine beaten egg with milk in shallow bowl; set aside.
Combine flour, panko, salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and basil in another shallow bowl; set aside.

Bread the shrimp by first coating each with the breading mixture. Dip breaded shrimp into the egg and milk mixture, and then back into the breading. Arrange the coated shrimp on a plate and pop them into the fridge for at least 20 minutes. This step will help the breading to stick on the shrimp when they are frying.

Heat oil in deep fryer to 350 degrees F. Use amount of oil required by your fryer. When oil is hot, fry shrimp 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on rack or paper towels.

When all shrimp has been fried, drop the shrimp into a large bowl. Spoon about 1/4 cup of sauce over shrimp and stir gently to coat.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/18? by Mare749 (Okay, since I can't ...)
It's looking like linguine with clam sauce....
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/18? by Trixxee (It's looking like li...)
Sounds good, Maryann! I have so much soup left, we've decided to have that.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 12/18? by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds good, Maryann...)
I have everything for that shrimp!!!
www.achefsjourney.com