cucumber cups with crab louis
  Re: (...)
Anyone have the recipe from Dec 2006 issue Cucumber cups with crab louis ?
  Re: cucumber cups with crab louis by kbomb (Anyone have the reci...)
Hi, kbomb! I have that issue (#60) so I could look it up for you later tonight, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone else comes along to post it sooner!
  Re: Re: cucumber cups with crab louis by HomeCulinarian (Hi, kbomb! I have t...)
Thank You sooo much! This is a delicious appetizer to put out Christmas Day when people are floating in and out! When you get a chance to look it up..I would sooo appreciate it!
  Re: Re: cucumber cups with crab louis by kbomb (Thank You sooo much!...)
Here you go! I've made something very similar and they are good!

Crab Louis cucumber cups
Seedless English cucumbers make the best cups because of their thin, tender skin and slender uniform shape.

Makes 24-36 cups
Total time: 30 minutes
2-3 english cucumbers
¼ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup cream cheese, softened
2 T ketchup
2 t chili garlic sauce
1 t Worcestershire sauce
12 oz pasteurized crabmeat
½ cup red or yellow bell pepper, diced
¼ cup chopped fresh chives
2 t lemon zest, minced
Salt & Pepper
Grape tomato slices
Strips of lemon zest

Peel cucumbers lengthwise to create stripes. Trim ends, then cut crosswise into ¾” wide pieces. Scoop seeds and flesh from centers making cups using a melon baller.

Combine mayo, cream cheese, ketchup, chili garlic sauce, and Worcestershire in a bowl. Fold in the crab, bell pepper, chives, and lemon zest; season with salt and pepper. Fill cucumber cups with crab mixture.

Garnish with tomatoes and zest.
  Re: Re: cucumber cups with crab louis by HomeCulinarian (Here you go! I've m...)
Oh Thank You So Much...for taking the time to find and forward this info to me! They are very good! Thanks again! Karen
  Re: Re: cucumber cups with crab louis by kbomb (Oh Thank You So Much...)
You're welcome... Hope you return and tell us about your holiday spread!
  Re: Re: cucumber cups with crab louis by HomeCulinarian (You're welcome... Ho...)
Welcome to the forum, Kbomb - hope you come back.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com