Dinner Friday 12/23 Early
  Re: (...)
Well - I'm feeling a little "puffed up" since I actually know what I'm fixing for dinner tomorrow.

Boneless pork country ribs in the crockpot with apples and applesauce & horseradish gravy. I'm also doing the vinegar potatoes & green beans with pecan butter. It's going to be crazy - but. . . . I might even get dessert done.

Whew! I got stuff for a number of scenarios but I think this is it! Now off to bed to sleep, tomorrow is work!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Dinner Friday 12/23 Early by Harborwitch (Well - I'm feeling a...)
We're having smothered pork chops with the leftover Vinegar Potatoes - they sure were tasty.

and, Cis is having b'day cake!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Friday 12/23 Early by Harborwitch (Well - I'm feeling a...)
Bolognese lasagna and Caesar salad with garlic bread and a big Barolo.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Dinner Friday 12/23 Early by Old Bay (Bolognese lasagna an...)
Salmon with champagne butter sauce and as usual, asparagus for a side.
  Re: Re: Dinner Friday 12/23 Early by losblanos1 (Salmon with champagn...)
We just got an event for a dinner in a private home on boxing Day, so we have to go to the winery to pick up tool boxes etc, then more grocery shopping. I have major cleaning to do, finish decorating the tree, make tourtiere turnovers and a bunch of other stuff. He's been itching for pizza, so if I don't make it from scratch, I'm thinking it will be a Domino's dinner.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Dinner Friday 12/23 Early by Lorraine (We just got an event...)
Depending on how fast I get out of here and how lucky I am in the city, it may be take out here, too!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner Friday 12/23 Early by Gourmet_Mom (Depending on how fas...)
Something with chicken - maybe with a sundried tomato cream sauce. Definitely having salad again. I keep cutting out coupons out of one of the local store flyers for Ready Pac salad mixes for 99 cents.
  Re: Re: Dinner Friday 12/23 Early by Trixxee (Something with chick...)
I've got a batch of Chicken Chili in the crockpot for dinner. Expecting people to be coming and going, so it will be easy to keep ready when needed. I'll also have a salad and some corn bread.
  Re: Re: Dinner Friday 12/23 Early by Trixxee (Something with chick...)
Quote:

Something with chicken - maybe with a sundried tomato cream sauce.

HERE is my own recipe for the sauce.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Dinner Friday 12/23 Early by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I really have to try that sauce, Labs. Sounds so good.

Dinner tonight will be frozen cod fillets from Sam's Club, cole slaw and probably some french fries. Ooooh! OR those vinegar potatoes!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."