What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 12/27??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone??

Leftovers here.

I played with pureeing brussels sprouts, combined with feta, bacon, garlic and made some tortellini and wontons yesterday - Nice flavor, but will need some more work. I think it is something that can eventualy be very good. Made a couple bruschetta with it also - that was good!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 12/27?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
As I said in the Monday thread, we're doing a Christmas repeat in the mountains. So today is Clam Chowder, Caesar Salad, Filets Oscar, Duchess Potatoes, and maybe Creme Brûlée! Baby boy gave me a torch! Just have to figure out what to make them in....maybe little foil pans?

Oh, and it looks like I may get my White Christmas after all! Calling for 3 to 6 inches and changing hourly! Yeah! Also may do a wine tour on the way home tomorrow!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 12/27?? by Gourmet_Mom (As I said in the Mon...)
Tonight is our Christmas get-together with my girlfriends from grade school. There are six of us; three of us actually went to kindergarten together. So this year, a Thai restaurant was selected. I'm really looking forward to this evening. Ron will probably hang out at Heather's house for a bit and have dinner there.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 12/27?? by Mare749 (Tonight is our Chris...)
Tonight it's chicken cutlets with almond butter sauce and a side of asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 12/27?? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's chicken...)
Quote:

... almond butter sauce...

You should try those almond butter chocolate chip cookies. They were wonderful!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 12/27?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Have fun Maryann! I'm sure you'll enjoy getting together.

Our last house guest left this morning, and I'm a bit tired. I have no idea what we'll have for dinner. Probably something really simple like soup and sandwiches.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 12/27?? by karyn (Have fun Maryann! I'...)
We went to the movies to see War Horse and had a late lunch out so I'm just having a glass of cab and perhaps an english muffin in a bit.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 12/27?? by Trixxee (We went to the movie...)
I soooo want to see this movie!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 12/27?? by Gourmet_Mom (I soooo want to see ...)
It was really good - but very difficult for me to watch. Just be prepared. I probably would not have taken Michael had I known what some of the scenes were but it is a war movie after all.

We all survived, and love horses even more now!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 12/27?? by Trixxee (It was really good -...)
Why am I not surprised Trixxee would beat us all to this movie???? I'd like to see it also. The Girl w/the Dragon Tatoo is in town, so we'll probably go see it in the next few days.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com