What's Going on New Years Eve & New Years Day??
  Re: (...)
Everyone have their plans in order for New Years??

All I have so far is a pecan pie I've been thinking about since I made the one for my neighbor...guess it's about time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's Going on New Years Eve & New Years Day?? by cjs (Everyone have their ...)
I haven't thought that far. I do have one more piece of tenderloin left and asparagus I left at home. We'll see.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: What's Going on New Years Eve & New Years Day?? by cjs (Everyone have their ...)
We are staying home (again), so it will just be the two of us. I'm hoping he makes Jambalaya NY Eve. New Year's day will be ham, scalloped potatoes, black eye peas of some kind, greens, keilbasa and sauerkraut. Dessert will probably be the crepes I forgot to serve at Christmas.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's Going on New Years Eve & New Years Day?? by Lorraine (We are staying home ...)
I forgot - ANY NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS????????????

I have a couple.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's Going on New Years Eve & New Years Day?? by cjs (I forgot - ANY NEW Y...)
Oh, I forgot! I will definitely be making Creme brûlée! Baby Boy gave me a nice blow torch for Christmas!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's Going on New Years Eve & New Years Day?? by cjs (I forgot - ANY NEW Y...)
Quote:

ANY NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS

Yes! One is your old one, choose a cookbook a month and cook some new recipes from it. Sometimes we get so busy, I forget to do that.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's Going on New Years Eve & New Years Day?? by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
I should do that again, Lorraine - they are getting ahead of me again. That was fun.

Look what I just found - perfect

http://www.garfield.com/comics/todayscomic.html
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's Going on New Years Eve & New Years Day?? by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
That's a good one, Lorraine, and I keep forgetting to do it myself. Hmmm....well, can't think of resolutions just yet....

New Years Eve is going to be at Heather's house. We need to plan the menu tonight when she gets off work. After eating Thai food last night, I'm thinking we need to eat "light" appetizers like their fresh spring rolls.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Staying in for the eve and day. Thinking about fondue for NYE, but I'm re-thinking rib roast on NYD. It was at $8.50 per pound at Wegman's. Then I strolled over to Shop Rite where is a $9.50 per! Might just do a Beouf Bourguignon a friend posted on her blog that she cooks for over 5 hours, then tosses the original mire poix and freshens it up with new carrots and celery.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's Going on New Years Eve & New Years Day?? by BarbaraS (Staying in for the e...)
I think we are staying home (the only other alternative would be to go down to my sister's house and then spend the night but I'm sensing some tension between us so I think we'll just stay put)!

The other day when we went to Outback I had a sirloin and a small lobster tail. The lobster was really good - I was kind of surprised! Going through the grocery store ads today and everyone's got tails on sale - anywhere from 4 oz- 7oz with decent enough prices. So thinking about grilling those (maybe two per person if we wind up with small ones). I like cole slaw with just about any kind of seafood and then I'll have to think of another side - maybe just a rice pilaf (and garlic bread of course).

I too have some tenderloin in the freezer to use and Tony said he wanted beef stroganoff with it so maybe that will happen on Sunday. I think Tony and Michael might go see the Mission Impossible movie and I'll start taking down the tree.