Chocolate Peanut Butter Spread
  Re: (...)
Since I'm on a roll, here's another one from about.com newsletter

Chocolate Peanut Butter Recipe

It's easy to make your own gourmet chocolate peanut butter at home. Put it in a fancy jar, and it's great for gifts, bake sales, or fund-raisers. If you love Nutella® you will probably enjoy this tasty treat as well. It's great on toast, waffles, or on a plain sandwich. Try using it also as a dip for cookies.
Yield: 2 cups

• 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
• 1-1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
• 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
• 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
• 1 teaspoon hot water

Melt chocolate chips in a double-boiler or in the microwave until smooth. Take care not to scorch the chocolate. Let cool until barely warm, but still liquid.

Scrape melted chocolate into a large bowl. Add peanut butter, butter, sugar, and vanilla extract. Stir until thoroughly combined.

Mix instant coffee with hot water until completely dissolved. Add coffee to the chocolate peanut butter mixture until combined.

Scrape into glass jars with tight seals. Serve as a spread with cookies, crackers, or toast or use as a filling for cakes.

Pretty jars of chocolate peanut butter make great gifts for any occasion and also work well for bake sales and other fund-raisers.

Yield: about 2 cups

----
and, I think I'd add little cayenne, right Sharon??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Chocolate Peanut Butter Spread by cjs (Since I'm on a roll,...)
You know, if someone were to do that with hazelnuts, instead of peanut butter, I bet they'd be able to sell it! LOL

Sounds delicious, Jean. Thanks!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Chocolate Peanut Butter Spread by labradors (You know, if someone...)
So much for cooking light....LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Chocolate Peanut Butter Spread by Gourmet_Mom (So much for cooking ...)
I've never made it, but buy it locally, and it is fabulous! They also make a hot, fiery peanut butter, and a cappucino one.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.