What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 1/3?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I'm still cleaning up leftovers, I shaved some of the pork roast, so maybe some sandwiches on 18-hour bread. I'm getting bored with l/os... Turkey legs are thawing.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 1/3? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We're going to open and cook the first of the game sausage sampler packs, but haven't decided which one yet. Will report later!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 1/3? by Mare749 (We're going to open ...)
Leftover AND pantry cooking. Tortilla chicken soup and a small "light" cheese, green chile and black olive quesadilla - olives need to be used up somehow.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 1/3? by Trixxee (Leftover AND pantry ...)
Kind of the same here. Split pea soup w/leftover ham for my folks and mother in law, also some turkey stew for her, leftovers again from the freezer (Yay, I'm finally out of turkey). Made a loaf of Portuguese sweet bread for her as well, and some ciabatta for Picky because he now knows what it is and decided he liked it.

Car's in the shop and I can't run the roads so I'm actually getting stuff done.

Tomorrow, I sew!! Since I have no wheels, he'll have to bring home dinner. Or take me shopping... That could work out well for me

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 1/3? by pjcooks (Kind of the same her...)
I had everything for chicken ploy pie except the pie crust, so that's dinner here. Perfect for a cold evening!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 1/3? by pjcooks (Kind of the same her...)
Curried chicken salad with mangos and cashews on a croissant and a side of asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 1/3? by losblanos1 (Curried chicken sala...)
We decided to try two of the D'ARTAGNAN game sausages tonight. First up, Venison and Pork Sausage with cherries. What a fun and unexpected surprise this was. I didn't need a thing.

Second one was Wild Boar Sausage. The ingredients listed are Boar, salt, sage, shallots, parsley, sugar, sherry wine, spices, dry mustard, and garlic. Meat is from feral swine.
Very tasty and flavor was enhanced with a dip in dijon.

I would recommend both of these without hesitation. Just delicious!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 1/3? by Mare749 (We decided to try tw...)
We have some boiled shrimp. Shrimp salad with a Louis Sauce, breadsticks, and a nice Reisling.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 1/3? by Old Bay (We have some boiled ...)
I'm still resisting, Maryann, from visiting the site, but it's getting harder and harder.

Oh, Bill, you just made me think of a Crab Louis, hmmmmm lots of wonderful crab right now.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com