How About a Mardi Gras Dinner??
  Re: (...)
No one with birthdays has come forward to suggest a dinner and no mystery dinners in the works, so how about we put together a dinner review for Mardi Gras??

If we don't go overboard (Jean) with outlandish dishes, maybe many of us would participtate? What do you all think?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: How About a Mardi Gras Dinner?? by cjs (No one with birthday...)
Sounds like fun to me. We always have a Fat Tuesday party anyway.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: How About a Mardi Gras Dinner?? by Mare749 (Sounds like fun to m...)
So we have almost two months to do this (Feb 21), or are you planning of celebrating early?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: How About a Mardi Gras Dinner?? by labradors (So we have almost tw...)
No, Labs, not early - wanted to toss this around while we do have time.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: How About a Mardi Gras Dinner?? by cjs (No, Labs, not early ...)
Okay. Wanted to be sure. Just seemed odd to see Mardi Gras mentioned already - almost like asking about plans for next Thanksgiving. LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: How About a Mardi Gras Dinner?? by labradors (Okay. Wanted to be s...)
I haven't come forward since it has been such an awful year. As far as participating, I may try, but won't swear to it. I will be so glad when this year is over!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: How About a Mardi Gras Dinner?? by cjs (No, Labs, not early ...)
Quote:

No, Labs, not early - wanted to toss this around while we do have time.

We will be in Lafayette La during Mardi Gras week and thru Fat Tuesday staying with our friends we met in Galapagos. We will attend their huge party at the Cajun Dome Sat nite and celebrate from Friday thru Tues!!! Formal nite Sat with parade, is tuxedos and long dresses. I will take pictures and report. Our friend is a
retired oilman who now raises crawfish and travels--and has a very creative wife!! Good people. Our other Galapagos friends from San Antonio will be there also.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: How About a Mardi Gras Dinner?? by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Bill and Jane, I am so jealous! Looks like you guys will be celebrating in style! I can't wait to see and hear all about it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: How About a Mardi Gras Dinner?? by Gourmet_Mom (Bill and Jane, I am ...)
Need anyone to carry luggage??????????

So, I'm sure B & J will be thinking of us with our little offering to Mardi Gras as they gorge.....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: How About a Mardi Gras Dinner?? by cjs (Need anyone to carry...)
Bill, that sounds like a fabulous trip! If we don't get too booked up (which I hope we do!!!), I'm in. We are already planning our Mardi Gras Brunch!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.