25 Things to Eat, Drink, and Cook in 2012
  Re: (...)
Bon Appétit article

This is a fun piece on new food trends ... at least for me! Especially curious about the ceramic coated fry pans and the new pork cut called 'secreto'.
  Re: 25 Things to Eat, Drink, and Cook in 2012 by HomeCulinarian ([url=http://www.bona...)
Keeping this for tomorrow morning with a cup of coffee....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 25 Things to Eat, Drink, and Cook in 2012 by cjs (Keeping this for tom...)
Very cool! I saw a lot of ideas to look into, but the two I can't wait to try are the finger limes and the Yuzu Kosho. Thanks for sharing!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: 25 Things to Eat, Drink, and Cook in 2012 by Gourmet_Mom (Very cool! I saw a ...)
Wow, how interesting - love most of the ideas, except #10
"10. The Wheat-Free Lifestyle" - no pizza? I don't think so.
6. Lap Cheong - sounds good
13. Sicilian Wine - definitely like to try more of these.
18. Canelés: The New Cupcake - sounds really decadent
20. Yuzu Kosho - make my mouth pucker with desire

Great post, thanks Jeannette - I sure miss my Bon Appetit subscription, but I found my magazines just don't get read the way they used to. I can barely keep up with F&W.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 25 Things to Eat, Drink, and Cook in 2012 by cjs (Wow, how interesting...)
Yeah. Have seen yuzu in LOTS of cooking shows, of late.

With much of what I have read, recently, the "wheat-free lifestyle" thing sounds like the latest case of "Whom can we demonise now?" or "How can we make something that happens to have a large industry look really bad while making ourselves out to be perfectly faultless victims?" - in the same manner as much of the vegetarian, vegan, anti-pharmaceutical, anti-immunisation and anti-capitalism propaganda.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: 25 Things to Eat, Drink, and Cook in 2012 by labradors (Yeah. Have seen yuzu...)
The Lap Cheong sounds very good. I love how the Asian sandwiches have lots of veggies on them. Never heard of yuzu before, but it sounds great.

Thanks Jeannette, this was fun to read.

ETA: I want that ceramic pan by Bialetti!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: 25 Things to Eat, Drink, and Cook in 2012 by Mare749 (The Lap Cheong sound...)
Me too, Maryann!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 25 Things to Eat, Drink, and Cook in 2012 by cjs (Me too, Maryann!...)
Um...Jean...you posted the pizza with the cauliflower crust didnt' you?
  Re: Re: 25 Things to Eat, Drink, and Cook in 2012 by DFen911 (Um...Jean...you post...)
I don't remember, did I? I'll have to look.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: 25 Things to Eat, Drink, and Cook in 2012 by cjs (I don't remember, di...)
Yes you did

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...true#Post129858