What's for Dinner, Thurs., 1/5??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today?

We're having the 'Caveman Pops' that Daphne found on a site a few days ago, with some oven fries and grilled pineapple.

The Korean "BBQd" beef (Bulgogi), yesterday, was very tasty (Issue #91) and the Pineapple Chutney from a C@H magazine (can't remember which one) was really good also, drizzled over the meat and the rice.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 1/5?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
So far I'm at a loss....looking around the net for inspiration. I just know it won't be Thai or Mexican as we've done that this week.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 1/5?? by Trixxee (So far I'm at a loss...)
OK, I guess it will be chicken parmesan over angel hair and a cucumber salad. I do not have any mozzarella cheese but I do have this. I do not know a lot about cheese but does anyone see a reason why I couldn't grate some of this up for it? It'll save me a trip to the store.

http://albanyeats.blogspot.com/2010/07/t...heese.html
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 1/5?? by Trixxee (OK, I guess it will ...)
I think it will be fantastic, Trixxee.

We will be going out for dinner tonight to celebrate our 38th anniversary. We're thinking of going to a Thai restaurant that has great food.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 1/5?? by Mare749 (I think it will be f...)
Happy Anniversary Maryann! I hope you guys have a great dinner and many more happy years!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 1/5?? by Trixxee (Happy Anniversary Ma...)
Happy Anniversary, Maryann & Ron!!! Have a wonderful time.

Trixxee - the dish will probably be delicious!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Happy Anniversary Maryann & Ron! Have a great day - and a great dinner.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Happy Anniversary to you two!! I hope you have a great dinner!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 1/5?? by BarbaraS (Happy Anniversary to...)
Happy Anniversary Maryann & Ron - and many more!

Leftovers here! Boring....
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs., 1/5?? by BarbaraS (Happy Anniversary to...)
Trixxee, I LOVE that stuff! It will be awesome!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Ron and Maryann! Have a great time!

I was having a time coming up with a dinner idea on the way home. Then I remembered I hadn't done ribs in a while. So BBQ ribs, corn on the cob, and a side salad will be dinner tonight. I sure wish I had a Caveman Pop brining.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.