CaveMan Pops - Review
  Re: (...)
Oh My!! These turkey legs are so fantastically tasty!! Thanks so much, Daphne, for finding the link for them thru Pioneer Woman(is that it?)

[Image: roastedturkeylegs.jpg]

I served them with oven roasted (home grown) potatoes and grilled cayenne pineapple - Tobin James Chardonnay and Columbia Crest Two-Vine Shiraz were equally great with the dinner.

AND, I have 14-oz. of leftover higlhy seasoned meat to play with.

Here's the link to Daphne's find:
Caveman Pops (aka Turkey Legs)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: CaveMan Pops - Review by cjs (Oh My!! These turkey...)
WOW! Those look so good! I think that's Sunday dinner! I've had very few of her recipes flop, I felt pretty good about sharing this one.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: CaveMan Pops - Review by cjs (Oh My!! These turkey...)
I was looking at these, t0o. So far, the only turkey legs I can find at the store are enormous. They look so good! Guess I'll have to wait a while, and when the urge for turkey pops up, will find a smaller one and cut the legs off and save for this. Thanks for the idea, Daphne!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: CaveMan Pops - Review by pjcooks (I was looking at the...)
Mine were really big, PJ, but they really cooked quickly.

400° for 20 minutes, but since I was roasting potatoes also, I didn't want to reduce to 300° so went with 350° and that worked well. All together they took about 45 minutes only to roast.

And, don't forget I have 14 oz. of turkey meat to play with.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: CaveMan Pops - Review by cjs (Mine were really big...)
I agree with Jean, PJ. The ones I find are enormous, but I'm thinking it will work. Jean's are pretty big if you look carefully.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.