T.G.I.F. What's for dinner, 1/6???
  Re: (...)
What's for dinner, everyone??

Not sure yet, probably with some leftover turkey leg.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. What's for dinner, 1/6??? by cjs (What's for dinner, e...)
Not sure yet. Going to the meat store in a bit. I'm thinking about making stuffed peppers, but that could change.

Also, playing with a whole grain 18 hour bread. It's looking pretty good so far.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for dinner, 1/6??? by Mare749 (Not sure yet. Going ...)
When one of the supermarkets had someone giving samples of some products, the other day, I discovered that one of the local sausages that I had never tried (never, because I HAD tried others and hadn't like them much) tastes CLOSE to kielbasa - and costs less than half the price of kielbasa (which, here, is something imported from the U.S.).

So, the other day, I picked up a package of that and, while continuing to shop, found they had a decent price on Camembert, so I also got some of that.

Tonight, I'm thinking: pasta with "kielbasa" with a Camembert cream sauce (no special recipe - just throwing it together).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for dinner, 1/6??? by labradors (When one of the supe...)
sounds good Labs - interesting combination kielbasa & camembert, huh....

Finally decided what we're having - a turkey pot pie with a little gruyere over the crust.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for dinner, 1/6??? by cjs (sounds good Labs - i...)
I think we are making a chicken enchalada casserole.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for dinner, 1/6??? by Old Bay (I think we are makin...)
I am sooo excited!!! Laura will be home at 3 (yes she's been home since Dec 18th) BUT! This last Monday she drove to LAX to pick up her boyfriend from Sweden. She met him while in Spain and I get to meet him today

So simple bbq tonight, chicken leg quarters (might use the rub that's on those turkey pops), a grilled salad and bread. Then tomorrow the big feast with everyone coming over for food, wine, fun and good times (does my giddyness show?)
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for dinner, 1/6??? by DFen911 (I am sooo excited!!!...)
Hope everything goes well tomorrow Denise!

Tonight my husband is going to a Ducks game (they will lose, again) so no cooking for me. He'll probably pick up some blackened chicken burritos for us to eat before he goes.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for dinner, 1/6??? by Trixxee (Hope everything goes...)
I'm having a plain old ham sandwich. One of the church ladies sent home her pasta salad, so I may have some of that unless I get energized and make some soup.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for dinner, 1/6??? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm having a plain o...)
So, after going to the meat store, the menu for dinner has changed. I picked up two thick strip steaks and we're going to try the reverse sear method on them. Already made 18 hour whole grain bread (real tasty BTW) and Asian coleslaw.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. What's for dinner, 1/6??? by Mare749 (So, after going to t...)
Well, another day where everything sounds either fun or delicious!! And, how fun for you all, Denise!!

Gotta say these pot pies turned out so good!! I used Pillsbury Grand biscuits for a topping this time; next time I'll make some biscuits or rolls to use. Also, I combined 3 ideas for homemade Onion soup mix where the sodium is really controlled (and it's delicious).
[Image: CIMG1839.jpg]

and, since I only made 4 pot pies, what to do with the extra 4 biscuits??????????????????????????????????????
Monkey Bread Muffins
[Image: CIMG1842.jpg]

Good for us tho, we split one and sent 2 to the neighbors and we'll split another later tonight. Man, are they goopy and good.
www.achefsjourney.com