What's for Dinner, Tues., 1/10??
  Re: (...)
What's for dinner everywhere today??

I have so much bread and buttermilk to use, so I put together French toast yesterday made with buttermilk. Hope it's tasty. No ham, darn, but have some bacon.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 1/10?? by cjs (What's for dinner ev...)
I'm going to use Erin's idea for chicken in the crock pot with salsa, cilantro, etc. Will make chicken, bean and cheese burritos.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 1/10?? by Trixxee (I'm going to use Eri...)
I decided to put off the ziti until tomorrow. Instead, I've got short ribs in the crock pot with Asian ingredients. We're having Korean tacos. I hope they're good!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 1/10?? by karyn (I decided to put off...)
It's cold and damp here--I'm making chili this afternoon---eat tonight and freeze some for the future!! How long has it been since you've had a good steaming bowl of homemade Texas chili? That's too long!! (Remember, NO BEANS)
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 1/10?? by Old Bay (It's cold and damp h...)
NO BEANS.....yeah, well, what do Norwegians know.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 1/10?? by cjs (NO BEANS.....yeah, w...)
Or Italians...we lika da beans!

And guess what's for dinner here? Ham and Bean zuppa!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 1/10?? by Mare749 (Or Italians...we lik...)
Leftovers here. I have some roasted pork loin, truffle/merlot gravy, garlic mashed potatoes, and odds and ends of root veggies that I will roast. And a salad for me.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 1/10?? by Lorraine (Leftovers here. I h...)
Bill, I'm sorry....I gotta have my beans. William would be happy at your house, however.

I thought I had seen and heard it all, but today took the cake. It confirmed my need to retire as soon as possible. The note I took from a kid today left me in shock all day. Never in all my years....

Anyway, William called for lemons and honey. I knew what that meant. I suggested soup and he asked sweetly if I would make Lasagna Soup again. How could I refuse.

Dang it! I just remembered I forgot the spinach. Hopefully, I have some frozen. If not, I have some collards in the fridge leftover from New Years. They were cooked with country ham. Think they'd be okay? I told you I was shaken up!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 1/10?? by Gourmet_Mom (Bill, I'm sorry....I...)
Didn't Art Linkletter write a book called "Kids say the darnest things"?

Tonight's dinner is Churrasco skewers with Chimichurri rojo and citrus salsa. Black beans & rice for sides.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 1/10?? by losblanos1 (Didn't Art Linklette...)
Gee, I wish I was making what Blane made again tonight. Sounds perfect! But no, we had breaded pork chops with a spinach salad topped with strawberries, craisins, and pine nuts.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!