Jean's Caviar Pie
  Re: (...)
I seem to have lost the recipe. Can anyone post it please? Thanks!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Jean's Caviar Pie by Lorraine (I seem to have lost ...)
Ask and ye shall.....
CAVIAR "PIE"

6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
~3 T. mayo
1 lg. sweet onion, finely chopped
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup sour cream
7 T. (3 1/2 oz) Caviar
Lemon wedges and parsley sprigs for garnish

Grease bottom and side of 8" springform pan. In a bowl, combine eggs and mayo till well blended. Spread in bottom of pan to make an even layer. Sprinkle with onion. Combine cream cheese and sour cream; beat till smooth. By the spoonful, drop onto onion. With a wet table knife, spread gently to smooth. Cover. Chill three hrs. or overnight.

At party time, gently rinse the caviar in a sieve, top with a layer of caviar, distributing it to the edges of the pan. Run knife around sides of pan; loosen and lift off sides. Arrange lemon wedges in open pinwheel. Fill center with parsley sprigs.

Serve with small pieces of pumpernickel bread. 10-12 serve. Black Lumpfish or Whitefish Caviar is suggested.

------

And you know as I was getting this for you, I happened to think of combining two presentations - I used to make a braided pumpernickel loaf formed around a cake pan the size of a round of Brie - it was a gorgeous presentation.

why not make the braid to fit the size of the caviar pie?????? Wouldn't that be a great buffet item?? Guess I'd better get a catering job so I can try this. (or have a party!! )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jean's Caviar Pie by cjs (Ask and ye shall.......)
Thanks, Jean! Great idea about the bread! I think it would be great on an appetizer table.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Jean's Caviar Pie by cjs (Ask and ye shall.......)
I was looking at pictures from YEARS ago when I made this! Drooling. . . . the braided pumpernickle sounds great. I wish I could convince them to let me do something like that for the birthday party coming up here.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Jean's Caviar Pie by Harborwitch (I was looking at pic...)
I still haven't tried this. One of these days I'm going to find some caviar and give it a try.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.