Butter Pecan Oat Bars With Chocolate Filling
  Re: (...)
From a cake mix - maybe mix Nutella with pecans and serve Feb. 5th????

Butter Pecan Oat Bars With Chocolate Filling - about.com

6 ounces butter (1 1/2 sticks) -- softened
3/4 cup dark or light brown sugar -- packed
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 box butter pecan cake mix -- (18 ounces)
2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
**Filling**
1 can sweetened condensed milk -- (15 ounces)
1 package semisweet chocolate chips -- (12 ounces)
1 Pinch salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup chopped pecans

Heat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 9x13x2-inch baking pan.
Beat 6 ounces of butter with the brown sugar until light; beat in eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Slowly beat in the cake mix and rolled oats until well blended.

In a saucepan, combine the sweetened condensed milk with chocolate chips, a pinch of salt, and 1 tablespoon butter. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until chocolate chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in the chopped pecans.

Spread about 2/3 of the cake batter in the prepared pan. Spoon filling over the cake layer and spread to cover. Pinch pieces of the remaining batter and arrange the pieces evenly over the filling.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until nicely browned and firm.

Description:
"These are similar to the popular Revel Bars, but they're made easier with a cake mix. Make these delicious bars for a potluck, party, or weekend treat"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Butter Pecan Oat Bars With Chocolate Filling by cjs (From a cake mix - ma...)
No sweets for us for a while, but they do sound delicious. Copied and saved for future use.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Butter Pecan Oat Bars With Chocolate Filling by Mare749 (No sweets for us for...)
I have pecan cake mix. Thanks!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Butter Pecan Oat Bars With Chocolate Filling by Lorraine (I have pecan cake mi...)
Shoot, I don't Are you going to use Nutella, Lorraine??????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Butter Pecan Oat Bars With Chocolate Filling by cjs (Shoot, I don't [img]...)
Mercy, Jean! This sounds so good! I have a baby shower coming up in a bit. I think this would be so good!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.