Cleaning Our Pantrys??
  Re: (...)
How are we all doing?? I was doing a miserable job, until this morning...what incentive. I've had a small frig in the pantry which sat on the floor and meant I had to practically stand on my head to get at anything.

Roy built the simplest storage area that the frig now sits on and everything is at eye level. Now, I also have extra storage, so naturally one thing led to another until the whole pantry is darn near rearranged. (probably never find anything, either!).

On to pantry items - rearranged a quart jar of Chukkar Sour Cherrys that I've had for almost 2 years. And, had one Pillsbury pie crust nearing expiration date - Just took the best smelling cherry cobbler out of the oven. Oh My.
[Image: CherryCobbler.jpg]

Also, grabbed a can of smoked clams - and tho we usually just have a half a sandwich or bowl of soup in the evening, I'm going to make us a tortilla pizza with the clams, little pkg. of spicy sausage, pesto, and marinara. What a pig out day this will be......

But, that's two less things in the pantry! burp!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Cleaning Our Pantrys?? by cjs (How are we all doing...)
I can normally pass up sweets, Jean, but there is no way I could pass on that cobbler. It's a real weakness with me. Looks scrumptious.

Glad you brought this up, it's time to empty out the cabinets.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Cleaning Our Pantrys?? by Mare749 (I can normally pass ...)
My grandmother and mother were/are hoarders of the worst kind, so I determined I'd break the cycle. Therefore, I don't have a lot of stuff in my pantry.

I sure wish I had some sour cherries hanging out in the back of the pantry, though. Jean that cobbler looks divine! I'm literally drooling!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cleaning Our Pantrys?? by Gourmet_Mom (My grandmother and m...)
Cobbler looks delicious! I had been doing ok with the pantry. Need to get back to it. I should just take everything out and go from there.