What's for dinner, Sunday, 1/15??
  Re: (...)
First off, may I say what a fun forum we had yesterday with all the conversations going on - I've been missing that. Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did.

So, what's on the menu for today??

I have some lovely focaccia and a pkg. of pastrami, so sandwiches tonight. Also, made some cold slaw dressing and it always makes at least 3 salads, so will have #2 with the sandwich. We're eating like summer here for some reason - Shrimp and rice salad yesterday and this today. (with snow on the ground)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for dinner, Sunday, 1/15?? by cjs (First off, may I say...)
Hubby has a dinner meeting/retreat for work and I am helping host the winery's annual winter party so no dinner here tonight. I will be assembling a spinach lasagna for another night this week today. I finally found the results from Denise's lasagna noodle experiment......no thanks to her ;-) Hard to believe that thread was from 2008! Where do the years go?
Denise, stop ignoring me on facebook or else.........dang, I have no recourse.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Sunday, 1/15?? by chef_Tab (Hubby has a dinner m...)
(sounds like Denise is really on Theresa's list.....)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Sunday, 1/15?? by cjs ((sounds like Denise ...)
Duck, Denise!

We're going to have the pot roast tonight. William made an awesome soup yesterday. That was dinner last night and will be lunch today.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Sunday, 1/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Duck, Denise![br][br...)
I think I'm leaning toward grilled shrimp and then some black beans jazzed up with garlic, lime juice and cilantro topped with a sprinkle of feta. Possibly some rice as well.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Sunday, 1/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Duck, Denise![br][br...)
Just want to say that I enjoyed all of the conversations on the forum yesterday as well. It was like having company while being snowed in.

Not sure about dinner just yet, but am thinking about chicken roullades. Going to look through some past issues.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Sunday, 1/15?? by Trixxee (I think I'm leaning ...)
I'm going to ask Bob to pick a chicken carcass clean and then simmer the bones for a quick stock. I'll make some noodles while I'm at work so that when I get home I just have have to assemble the soup, some ginger, carrots, and ??? with the chicken meat. Maybe.

Golden globes tonight - maybe something even easier.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Sunday, 1/15?? by Harborwitch (I'm going to ask Bob...)
Red Snapper Vera Cruz with sauteed spinach.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Sunday, 1/15?? by Old Bay (Red Snapper Vera Cru...)
I decided to use up dibs and dabs, so making a small jambalaya with a chicken breast, one 4 oz. sausage, a handful of shrimp and some leftover rice. And since some nice person gave me a bag full of creole seasoning and I didn't use it all up yet, will add that.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Sunday, 1/15?? by Mare749 (I decided to use up ...)
Probably sandwiches here. It's been a busy weekend and I'm tired!