Absolutely No-Knead Crusty-Chewy Bread
  Re: (...)
I wasn't going to post this recipe and pictures because you guys will all think I'm so bad with all this bread - well, I am and this last one(for at least 2 months) is maybe the best flavored and textured bread I've ever made. This is t he post I sent to Maryann this a.m., but if you other bread makers want a treat.....

* Exported from MasterCook *

Absolutely No-Knead Crusty-Chewy Bread - King Arrhur*****

It's one thing to eat carbs, but this making bread almost every day is ridiculous!! And, this is the damndest bread I've ever made. Haven't tasted it yet, just removed from the oven.

King Arthur had a 'no shipping charges' deal a month or so ago and I ordered a couple of things - one was a 3 lb. bag of Sir Lancelot flour described as: "High-protein, hard-wheat Lancelot makes extra-chewy yeast breads, rolls, and bagels."

[Image: KingArthurBreadJan16.jpg]

[Image: KingArthurBread2.jpg]

This bread is what they call their "Absolutely No-Knead Crusty-Chewy Bread" - and it's so darn easy. I wish it would hurry up and cool so I can taste it. Have you ever used this flour?

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/a...ead-recipe

Absolutely No-Knead Crusty-Chewy Bread - figure 10 hours into your schedule

5 cups sir Lancelot Hi-Gluten Flour - 22 ½ oz.
1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
2 ¼ teaspoons salt
2 3/4 cup cool water - 22 oz.

Mix all the ingredients together and let ferment for 10 hours in a large covered bowl at a cool temperature.

Oil (generously so doesn't stick) a 4 1/4-qt. capacity, 9 1/2" diameter, 4" deep round Dutch oven. Stir the dough down a little to redistribute the yeast, giving new life. Scoop into the pot; place the lid on and let the dough rise for 2 hours at cool room temperature. 20 min. before preheat oven to 450°.

Bake the bred for 45 minutes with the lid on. Remove the lid and bake for an additional 4 to 5 minutes, till the top is deep, golden brown.

---

Well, I tasted it and I could have sat down and eaten the entire thing!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Absolutely No-Knead Crusty-Chewy Bread by cjs (I wasn't going to po...)
and to really pull you in -

[Image: CIMG1879.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Absolutely No-Knead Crusty-Chewy Bread by cjs (and to really pull y...)
You are just not fair!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Absolutely No-Knead Crusty-Chewy Bread by BarbaraS (You are just not fai...)
That looks delicious! Bread is one of those things I just can't leave alone when it's fresh out of the oven!
  Re: Re: Absolutely No-Knead Crusty-Chewy Bread by karyn (That looks delicious...)
Oh my, I just have to order that flour really soon. That crust looks as chewy as a soft pretzel. Yummy.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Absolutely No-Knead Crusty-Chewy Bread by Mare749 (Oh my, I just have t...)
I get their catalog and want to order a gazillion things! Honestly, a 9.5 drool factor!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Absolutely No-Knead Crusty-Chewy Bread by BarbaraS (I get their catalog ...)
I left a review on the site saying in part that when they had free shipping I would re-order the Sir Lancelot flour...my newsletter from King Arthur today says (You guessed it!!) free shipping! No way am I going to reorder so soon!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Absolutely No-Knead Crusty-Chewy Bread by cjs (I left a review on t...)
Be still my heart! That looks beautiful!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Absolutely No-Knead Crusty-Chewy Bread by cjs (I left a review on t...)
Quote:

I left a review on the site saying in part that when they had free shipping I would re-order the Sir Lancelot flour...my newsletter from King Arthur today says (You guessed it!!) free shipping! No way am I going to reorder so soon!

Oh STOP THAT!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Absolutely No-Knead Crusty-Chewy Bread by Harborwitch ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Oh lord...I know that when I retire I'm gonna gain about 100 lbs because I am going to have WAY too much time on my hands and end up making so much bread and pastas