Bad Weather for Washington?
  Re: (...)
Hey Jean...I'm hearing you guys are in for some bad weather. What's the word from your people up there? I don't trust our weather folks here down here at all.
  Re: Bad Weather for Washington? by DFen911 (Hey Jean...I'm heari...)
We only had snow flurries - says weather people. But, there is 3 inches of snow in our yard. Supposed to be a bad bout tomorrow night, which is a real bummer. Wednesday is the 3rd Wednesday of the month and my aunt is so disappointed. No way should we be on the road if not necessary. And it's so darn cold that everything just freezes, so layer upon layer of ice.

We're warm and cozy and so glad we don't have to venture out.

I know Erin has snow also, but haven't heard how they are doing. And, Marye hasn't checked in at all.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bad Weather for Washington? by cjs (We only had snow flu...)
"A Winter Storm Watch is in effect for for this arctic front for the following greater areas: Seattle, Tacoma, Everett, Bellevue, Bremerton, and along with the Strait of Juan de Fuca. We could see anywhere from 3-7 inches of snow with the arctic front alone, according to the Watch statement with the higher amounts on the hilltops and away from water."

This is from the KOMO 4 news website (an ABC affiliate).
  Re: Re: Bad Weather for Washington? by losblanos1 ("A Winter Storm Watc...)
Oooops, I forget you are in the area, also, Blane. Sorry.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bad Weather for Washington? by cjs (Oooops, I forget you...)
We're under a winter storm watch. It's clouding up, and getting breezy. We've been so SO lucky, just cold, but the course has been open. It snowed in several places around us - but not even heavy frost here just dry dry cold!

You all on the other side stay warm, dry, and safe. Chad is over there and not scheduled to be back for another week.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Bad Weather for Washington? by Harborwitch (We're under a winter...)
Stay safe and warm you guys!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Bad Weather for Washington? by cjs (Oooops, I forget you...)
I would love a little snow, cold, moisture,
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Bad Weather for Washington? by Old Bay (I would love a littl...)
Here it is 9p.m and snowing over here on Whidbey - Suppose to be really
snowing tomarrow and Wed. - and then turn to slush. - and of course wind too.

Welcome to Winter. - Becareful everyone -

Marye
(am on count down - next week I retire. !!!!!
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Bad Weather for Washington? by mjkcooking (Here it is 9p.m and ...)
Wow!! Next week?? Congratulations, Marye.

We've battened down the hatches and intend to just enjoy the snow. I have a Dr.s appt. Friday, may cancel it, but it's supposed to be in the high 40 by then, so the snow may be all gone....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bad Weather for Washington? by cjs (Wow!! Next week?? Co...)
Jim Cantore of the Weather Channel is in town. Guess they really are thinking we are going to get slammed with this storm. It is all supposed to start after midnight tonight. We'll See.

It is snowing here right now, but was raining earlier. We have around an inch on the ground. It has been a revolving inch since Sunday. Snow's melts or rains a little, snows a little more, repeat. The ice on the lake is gone today. The temp is hanging out between 32 and 34.

The problems for us is the hills. We are a very hilly part of the country and prone to black ice.

I am curious to see if comes as predicted.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.