Taco Pie Reviews anyone?
  Re: (...)
Hi. I just received my first issue of Cuisine at Home! The recipes look lovely. I've made the fish taco salad - the dressing is divine.

I like reading the reviews and recommendations of recipes usually found on cooking websites. I haven't found that here. If I am somewhow missing it please point me in the right direction...So with that in mind has anyone tried the Taco Pie? I'm having an informal dinner and I'd like to include it but I hesitate to make an untried recipe for my guests. Any reviews would be appreciated!
  Re: Taco Pie Reviews anyone? by czvanhyning (Hi. I just received ...)
Welcome to the forum "cz" I don't think anyone has reviewed either of these dishes, but I'm glad you mentioned the fish taco dressing, that one caught my eye.

When you want to look for a particular recipe that might have been reviewed, are you familiar with the 'search' feature? If not, one of us will come back on and lead you thru it. sometimes it can be a headache.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Taco Pie Reviews anyone? by cjs (Welcome to the forum...)
I have yet to have success with the search feature. I just don't understand! I honestly haven't come across a website where it's this difficult to navigate.
  Re: Re: Taco Pie Reviews anyone? by Trixxee (I have yet to have s...)
I have the same problem, Trixxee. Most times I just give up.

Welcome to the forum, cz! Glad you mentioned the fish taco salad. We made it recently and liked it a lot. In fact, I'm craving it again already.

Haven't made the taco pie yet, but have had my eye on it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Taco Pie Reviews anyone? by Mare749 (I have the same prob...)
Welcome CZ.

Haven't tried either of these recipes yet. There are recipe reviews among the threads here, but since this is site doesn't have subtopics, you have to search to find them. The search feature here is clunky and I find it easier to use Google "Search this site" to find things.
  Re: Re: Taco Pie Reviews anyone? by Mare749 (I have the same prob...)
O.K., non techie that I am, this is how I do a search - more knowledgeable folks, please jump in with the correct terminology....

(click on) "Search" at top of page on right

Keyword search items - type what you are looking for in quotation marks - i.e. "Taco Salad"

Username - I leave blank

Date Range - what shows up is: Newer than "1 weeks"

I delete the "1" and change the 'weeks' to the blank at the top of the listing box

then click "Submit"

----

Does that explain it??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Taco Pie Reviews anyone? by cjs (O.K., non techie tha...)
Okay, that actually worked for me this time. Thanks, Jean. And thank you, Jeannette, for a back-up plan.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Taco Pie Reviews anyone? by cjs (Welcome to the forum...)
Thanks for the search tips, everyone. If all else fails I will post my own review of the taco pie!
  Re: Re: Taco Pie Reviews anyone? by czvanhyning (Thanks for the searc...)
Worked for me too! I had no idea you had to put quotes around what you were searching for. Thanks Jean!
  Re: Re: Taco Pie Reviews anyone? by Trixxee (Worked for me too! ...)
We'll all be waiting for your 2nd review, 'cz'

have to say, tho, I think I'll try this one as far as the toppings go, but I'm not a big fan of cornmeal crusts, so probably won't do that part.
www.achefsjourney.com