Indian Curry Risotto with coconut crusted Tofu
  Re: (...)
A few nights ago I made the Indian Curry Risotto and coconut crusted tofu recipes from the Cuisine Lite cookbook. It was quite delicious and I got a rare, "this one's a winner" from hubby.

The curried risotto was the star of the meal. It had some heat, but not overwhelming. While preparing this, I thought the quantity of apple added at the end was a bit much, but it was perfect. I forgot to add the butter at the end and did not miss it at all. I will definitely be making this for guests, it looks and tastes so impressive.

Although I love tofu (when done correctly) this was lacking something, though I cannot put my finger on exactly what. My thought is when I do make the risotto again, I will serve coconut crusted shrimp with it instead. The tofu wasn't bad, but paled along side the risotto.

We ate the leftovers tonight. I reheated in a warm oven and everything tasted just as wonderful as the first night.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Indian Curry Risotto with coconut crusted Tofu by chef_Tab (A few nights ago I m...)
Thanks for the review, Theresa! I'll have to check that out. It's in the first Lite book?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Indian Curry Risotto with coconut crusted Tofu by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks for the revie...)
Thanks Theresa, for the review. I thought that one sounded like a winner. Since Ron doesn't care for tofu, I'll have to try it with shrimp.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Indian Curry Risotto with coconut crusted Tofu by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks for the revie...)
Daphne, I am not sure, but it has a photo of a turkey/spinach lasagna on the cover.
Theresa

Re: Re: Indian Curry Risotto with coconut crusted Tofu by chef_Tab (Daphne, I am not sur...)
Wow, this does sound good and I haven't done coconut shrimp forever!! Thanks Theresa!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Indian Curry Risotto with coconut crusted Tofu by cjs (Wow, this does sound...)
It is a small world, I'm cooking the oven fried chicken strips w/ bbq sauce from that issue tonight.
  Re: Re: Indian Curry Risotto with coconut crusted Tofu by losblanos1 (It [i]is[/i] a sma...)
Blane, this is the second time we are coincidentally close on our dinners

Since I have been "absent" for several months, I missed your arrival to the forum. A belated welcome!
Theresa

Re: Re: Indian Curry Risotto with coconut crusted Tofu by cjs (Wow, this does sound...)
That sounds so good. I'll have to look for the risotto recipe - we do love curry!

Jean did you get to try my dipping sauce. Coconut cream and red curry sauce to taste. Customers loved it with the pig wings and with the coconut shrimp!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Indian Curry Risotto with coconut crusted Tofu by chef_Tab (Blane, this is the s...)
Thank you Theresa. Welcome back.
  Re: Re: Indian Curry Risotto with coconut crusted Tofu by losblanos1 (Thank you Theresa. W...)
Since we enjoyed the Indian-style Chicken Breasts, I'm thinking we'd like this, especially with coconut shrimp! Sounds like a weekender to me.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.