Gnocchi Cooking Class!
  Re: (...)
I just signed up for a two night cooking class of various types of gnocchi. I am so excited! A local chef turned her home into a cooking school and I have been eager to sign up for one of her classes since I moved here. When the email came announcing a class around gnocchi, I knew it was the one for me. The chef's name is Grace Pilato. Here is a description of what we will be making:

"Gnocchi, essentially a kind of dumpling, are distinguished from other international dumplings by being Italian and thereby having a close link with pasta. If you are under the impression, as are many Americans, that all gnocchi are potato based, bite sized dumplings, you are in for a real surprising treat. In this hands on course we will explore and make many different kinds of gnocchi, using a variety of ingredients and techniques. We will also make easy sauces to complement our gnocchi dishes. You will receive a recipe booklet which will include recipes for the following:

Parisian gnocchi, Roman style semolina gnocchi, bread gnocchi , Parmesan gnocchi, potato ghocchi, potato and spinach gnocchi, farina gnocchi, walnut gnocchi, ricotta gnocchi, ricotta and spinach gnocchi, rice gnocchi, pumpkin and amaretto gnocchi, whole wheat gnocchi, and ravioli ravioli gnocchi.

As always, at the end of the class we will dine on our beautifully created and delicious tasting gnocchi."

Two of my friends have signed up as well, making this even more fun for me. The class will run two evenings late February for about 3.5 hours each night. I can hardly wait.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Gnocchi Cooking Class! by chef_Tab (I just signed up for...)
Theresa, how exciting! I am so jealous! It sounds like a great class!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Gnocchi Cooking Class! by Gourmet_Mom (Theresa, how excitin...)
How fun! Please take pix if you can, and hope you will share some of what you learned with us. Have a great time!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Gnocchi Cooking Class! by Mare749 (How fun! Please take...)
Oh, Maryann! thanks for the idea, d'oh! I don't think it would have occured to me to bring a camera. We were told to bring an apron and dish towel. A friend who has taken several classes advised that I bring a bottle of wine and some tupperware too. I will add camera to my list!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Gnocchi Cooking Class! by chef_Tab (Oh, Maryann! thanks ...)
Oh, wow, I am so envious also!! We will experience it vicariously through you!! yes to pictures.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Gnocchi Cooking Class! by chef_Tab (I just signed up for...)
That sounds like so much fun! Enjoy and share, please!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Gnocchi Cooking Class! by Harborwitch (That sounds like so ...)
Wish I could join you! I bought gnocchi boards for myself and my kids in Italy and have only used it once since I got back!
  Re: Re: Gnocchi Cooking Class! by HomeCulinarian (Wish I could join yo...)
Ok I'm totally jealous! I want to hear all the delicious details
  Re: Re: Gnocchi Cooking Class! by DFen911 (Ok I'm totally jealo...)
I agree with the pictures! And a notebook for notes?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Gnocchi Cooking Class! by Gourmet_Mom (I agree with the pic...)
Yes, Theresa, pix please!! and lesson pointers for sure
Cis
Empress for Life