Wednesday's Dinner, 1/18??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone??

Back to C@H magazines for me - I've been a little lax working their ideas into my menus, so will get back to their little jewels.

Tonight is issue #91 - Pad Thai at Home. I have pretty much everything in the pantry, the big storm is hitting right now, so won't be going out for anything.

Have 2 little green onions that have seen better days left, so will use some onion and no fresh cilantro, but I do have some frozen that I can toss into the dish. So, I'll be able to give this dish a fair review.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/18?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
That sounds so good, Jean, except that I don't have any tamarind. I'm going to buy the frozen packs next time so I can keep it on hand.

But for tonight, I'm thinking of honey mustard chicken tenders, but will have to use strips of chicken breast, and definately a salad to go with it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/18?? by Mare749 (That sounds so good,...)
Tonight I'm trying a new recipe from April 2010, Albondigas soup with Manchego Cheese bread for dipping. I really wanted to grill, but my grill is buried under about a foot of snow and it's still snowing.
Jean, my wife is making that Pad Thai this Saturday, she's going with the pork option. I look forward to your review.

Edited to correct spelling error, sorry Jean.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/18?? by losblanos1 (Tonight I'm trying a...)
Did this last week but dang if it isn't easy and good - chicken breasts in the crock pot along with salsa, green chiles, cilantro, cumin, chili powder and lime juice. We will again make burritos or tacos from it. Changing it up a little this time and instead of salsa verde I'm using a regular old tomato based salsa and a little enchilada sauce thrown in for good measure.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/18?? by Trixxee (Did this last week b...)
Oh Trixxee, a woman after my own heart!! I'm sure I was Mexican in another life, that's for sure!

Since Roy isn't that crazy about shrimp (can you believe that?) I'm going with half chicken and half shrimp. Everything is all prepped, so dinner will be a snap!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/18?? by cjs (Oh Trixxee, a woman ...)
Lol ok hopefully I have the right thread this time Sheesh. For us it's leftovers. I have hamburgers, chicken piccata, oxtail soup and some pizza. Somehow this will all end up in dinner
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/18?? by DFen911 (Lol ok hopefully I h...)
Tonight I thought I'd use my usual meatloaf ingredients (ground turkey and a bit of sausage) to make some Swedish meatballs. I found a recipe that looked a little different, using nutmeg and paprika, the cook suggested homemade peppered egg noodles (a snap in the FP) and some broccoli seemed like a good side. So that is the menu. Will let you know how it turns out
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/18?? by cjs (Oh Trixxee, a woman ...)
Quote:

Oh Trixxee, a woman after my own heart!! I'm sure I was Mexican in another life, that's for sure!

It's smelling very taqueri'ish in here right now! If it was the weekend I might be tempted to make a margarita!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/18?? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Aww, go ahead, Trix, make one anyway James just informed me my dirty martini is waiting for me in the kitchen YAY
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 1/18?? by farnfam (Aww, go ahead, Trix,...)
Hey, maybe if I still didn't have to pick up a certain 12 year old. I need all my wits about me for that madhouse at school!

Enjoy that martini!