What's for Dinner, Sunday, 1/22?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

I haven't made a fritatta for a long time, so that will be our Sunday brunch with a Bloody Mary. Later, Roy wants hot dogs again...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 1/22? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I have a meeting during the dinner hour, so Hubby and the kids are making dinner to have ready when I get home. Love it when they do this!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 1/22? by HomeCulinarian (I have a meeting dur...)
We do too, 'cause you always post the greatest pictures!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 1/22? by cjs (We do too, 'cause yo...)
Mine isn't a frittata, but do have an "impossible pie" in the oven made with veggies, cheese, eggs, milk and baking mix.

Dinner tonight: Have some chopped romaine l/o from last night, so will have another caesar salad, (minus the chicken) and a mushroom, bacon, swiss burger.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 1/22? by cjs (We do too, 'cause yo...)
Tonights dinner is from the new issue-Cheesy Mexican butter-stuffed chicken with
Cilantro bell pepper rice as a side. For dessert I'm making brownies with a white chocolate and macadamia nut topping.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 1/22? by losblanos1 (Tonights dinner is f...)
Today is a beef stew. I can stick it in the crockpot and let it simmer today. I think some parsley dumplings on top!

Well that didn't work out. Beer battered fish, oven fries, and slaw. Easy.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 1/22? by Harborwitch (Today is a beef stew...)
Blane, that's another dish on my to-do list. Please review!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 1/22? by Mare749 (Blane, that's anothe...)
Watched Michael Symon's new cooking show yesterday and am going with this. I think I'll make some yellow rice as a side and go with his arugula idea as the veggie.

http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/...cipe/index.html
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 1/22? by Trixxee (Watched Michael Symo...)
Sounds good, Trixxee! I'd love to hear how it turns out.

We're finally going to have the Taco Pizza!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sunday, 1/22? by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds good, Trixxee...)
Well, I've had a Bobby Flay weekend. I got the Mesa Grill cookbook as a gift a year or two ago and have never cooked anything from it. Last night's Black Pepper Crusted Filets with Ancho-Red Pepper Sauce and Toasted Goat Cheese were really good, but I think a cheaper cut of beef, sliced thinly, would have had the same impact. We loved the sauce and goat cheese, but really couldn't appreciate the flavor of the beef.

Tonight I did the New Mexican Rubbed Pork Tenderloin with Bourbon-Ancho Sauce. He recommends you serve it with his Sweet Potato Tamales with Pecan Butter, Smoked Red Pepper Sauce, and Cilantro Oil. I was pretty over the Mesa Grill by the time I served the dinner, even though I made all three of the sauces yesterday, but D*MN that man knows his sauces! The Bourbon-Ancho Sauce is a definite keeper, as is the smoked red pepper sauce. The pork rub was great--just different enough from others I've tried to make it a keeper. The cilantro oil is just a garnish, but if you ever need some scary green oil to accent a plate, that's the stuff! Additionally, the tamales were a perfect accompaniment.

I'm a little irritated right now because I was hoping to be able to donate the cookbook and move on, but now I need to try more of his recipes.

Tomorrow we're having the Bimibap from the latest issue. Everything is prepped, and I'll put the rice into the rice cooker before I begin tutoring, so it should be good!