What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/23??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I'm undecided between the two stir-fry/Asian dishes you all have been talking about....all I know is my steak is thawed.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/23?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I have some leftover roasted chicken and if I can find two ripe avocados, I'd like to make Noble Pig's chicken salad with avocado/buttermilk dressing, served on sourdough toast.
  Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/23?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
It's going to be the mushroom swiss burgers that I made up yesterday, then didn't end up using.

I made up a fresh salad yesterday and took it to Heather's. She went to a new sushi place that is getting rave reviews and picked up a nice selection to bring home. Her hubbie made a roaring fire in the fireplace to keep us toasty! What a great evening.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/23?? by Mare749 (It's going to be the...)
We're finally having the Bimibap. Everything is prepped and ready to go.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/23?? by karyn (We're finally having...)
I'm making a vegetarian stew from The Best Light Recipe book.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/23?? by HomeCulinarian (I'm making a vegetar...)
Chicken and sausage ragu with Parmesan Baguette.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/23?? by losblanos1 (Chicken and sausage ...)
Plain old BBQ chicken and corn on the cob with steamed cabbage. If I don't get anything else done in the next two days, it will be making up some menus for the next two weeks with some new dishes!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/23?? by Gourmet_Mom (Plain old BBQ chicke...)
I ended up making a dish that Trixxee posted 10/08 that I don't think I've made before...don't remember anyway. Wow, Roy could hardly stay out of it. Really enjoyed it, so thanks, belatedly to Trixxee!!

[Image: AsianBeefNoodles.jpg]

It's such a perfect 'start' to a pantry dish, I'm going to adapt a little (maybe try some hoisin, dry sherry and garlic) and add to the book.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Mon., 1/23?? by cjs (I ended up making a ...)
Glad you guys liked it Jean! Yes, it lends itself to modifications and using what you've got!