This Week's Iron Chef
  Re: (...)
Did anyone watch Iron Chef this week? Chef Zakarian vs. Chef Jonathan Sawyer from Cleveland? What a fun show and I'd love to have Chef Sawyer's food - what carnivores he and his motley crew are, fun group!

I retired too soon - there are new things in kitchens that I'd kill to be able to use. Last night's new toy was an 'anti-grill' - seen here

http://www.cuisinetechnology.com/the-anti-griddle.php

How fun to play with this. I sure hope I come back in another life as a chef again, so much to learn and see.

Maryann, have you ever been to his restaurant??? GreenHouse Tavern????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: This Week's Iron Chef by cjs (Did anyone watch Iro...)
No, but it's going on my wish list, Jean. Sure sounds good, doesn't it? So many good things to try. We'll have to get the girls & hubbies to go so we can all try each other's dishes.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: This Week's Iron Chef by Mare749 (No, but it's going o...)
Try and talk to Chef Sawyer and tell him he sure has a fan in the Pacific Northwest!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: This Week's Iron Chef by cjs (Try and talk to Chef...)
That was definitely a good show!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: This Week's Iron Chef by Gourmet_Mom (That was definitely ...)
Was that on last night? I was watching one of those episodes last night after I went to bed, but drifted off. Will have to look it up and watch it again.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: This Week's Iron Chef by Mare749 (Was that on last nig...)
I think it showed Monday night - I taped it and watched last night. Monday isn't the usual day for that show, is it? I almost didn't tape it.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: This Week's Iron Chef by cjs (I think it showed Mo...)
I want to play with the liquid nitrogen
  Re: Re: This Week's Iron Chef by DFen911 (I want to play with ...)
Great episode.

Years ago, I jokingly used to say someone should invent an "anti-microwave." Well, of course it was just a joke and there ISN'T such a thing, but that anti-griddle certainly caught my attention. Guess I was pretty close, after all! LOL!

That does sound like an interesting tool (translate that as "toy") to be able to use. Lot's of potential.

As for the episode, itself, that was a LOT of mint! Carnivore that I am, I did like the sound of a lot of Chef Sawyer's dishes, but Chef's Zakarian's dishes actually appealed to me even more, just of of sheer finesse and combination of tastes.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: This Week's Iron Chef by labradors (Great episode.[br][b...)
the rub of cardamom, 5 spice, cumin and coriander that Chef Zakarian used on the duck breast sure sounded good.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: This Week's Iron Chef by cjs (the rub of cardamom,...)
That's for sure. I'd be all over that and... oh, by the way, did anyone else want some? Sorry. LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?