What's for Dinner, Thurs, 1/26??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

The snow is almost gone and the winds have died down, so we're on our way to Everett. Somone (Daphne?) mentioned a Subway sandwich, so we may pick one up on the way home. Going to stop at Cash & Carry also and try not to get in too much trouble.

Don't know if any of you have had Applebee's 'Oriental' Salad, but it is my sister's favorite and she asked me to try out some of the knock off recipes. I made one last night that is really good. Now, we have to go to Applebee's and try it - I've never had it. I'll post if anyone wants.
[Image: ApplebeesSaladJan25.jpg]

I was just going to try the dressing, but when I looked at the salad ingrdients found I had everything, so did the whole thing. very good.

Also, watch out bread lover's - did another 5 min. a day recipe yesterday. Spinach Feta, oh my is this ever good!!! The batch makes 4 loaves, so have more in the wings waiting.....
[Image: SpinachFetaBread.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 1/26?? by cjs (What's on the menu ...)
Jean, I love Applebee's oriental salad, so when you get a chance, would you post the recipe you are using. It looks delicious in your photo. And that BREAD! Wow! Will you be making sandwiches with that one?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 1/26?? by Mare749 (Jean, I love Applebe...)
If my husband was home I'd be making a recipe I found yesterday for Chicken Enchilada Pasta but he's not and Michael has no appetite. I found a single sized portion of what I think is Italian braised beef and sauce in the freezer for me.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 1/26?? by Trixxee (If my husband was ho...)
Here is a photo of the deli-rye bread from Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. Not as pretty as Jean's, I forgot the cornstarch wash.

[Image: FoodPix012.jpg]
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 1/26?? by Mare749 (Here is a photo of t...)
Camarones Rellenos Envueltos con Tocino with Simple black beans as a side. It's shrimp stuffed with manchego cheese wrapped in bacon with a chipotle mayonnaise for dipping. This is a dish that I was going to make a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't have any chipotle. I've re-stocked the pantry and now I'm ready to go.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 1/26?? by losblanos1 (Camarones Rellenos E...)
That sounds so good, Blane!

Jean and Maryann, your breads look incredible! I would especially enjoy your, Jean! I love spinach and feta!

Geeze! Got so excited, I forgot to post mydinner plans! We're having chili dogs with baked sweet potato fries.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thurs, 1/26?? by Gourmet_Mom (That sounds so good,...)
That Deli Rye is on my list also! My first loaf I took with me to give to my sister yesterday, so I'm making a second loaf for us tody and yes, want to try a sandwich.

This book is sure fun. And, your's look good too, Maryann!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com