Good Asian Chicken Lettuce Wrap Recipe?
  Re: (...)
Does anyone have a recipe for these they could recommend? I know there are hundreds out there.

I'm thinking a nice light meal tomorrow night is in order in anticipation of probably too much to eat on Superbowl Sunday. Just have a hankering for them!
  Re: Good Asian Chicken Lettuce Wrap Recipe? by Trixxee (Does anyone have a r...)
I'll give you a couple, Trixxee - any can use chicken and/or lettuce wraps rather than tortillas if called for.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Mu Shu Pork- Low Fat*****

1 lb boneless pork tenderloin -- trimmed of all visible fat, cut into thin strips
6 Tbs dry sherry -- divided
2 Tbs. + 2 tsp. -- reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbs. + 1 tsp. -- cornstarch
½ tsp -- Asian (dark) sesame oil
¼ cup -- hoisin sauce
Six 6-inch -- fat-free flour tortillas
1 Tb canola oil -- divided
¼ lb -- shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
2 Tbs minced peeled fresh ginger
3 cloves garlic -- minced
¾ lb -- Chinese cabbage, thinly sliced
6 whole scallions -- chopped

Combine pork, 2 Tbs. of the sherry, 2 tsp. of the soy sauce, 1 Tbs. cornstarch, and the sesame oil in a medium bowl; toss well to coat and set aside. Combine the remaining 4 Tbs. sherry, 2 Tbs. soy sauce, and 1 tsp. cornstarch with the hoisin sauce in a small bowl; set aside.

Heat a nonstick wok or a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat until a drop of water sizzles. Swirl in 2 tsp. of canola oil, then add the pork mixture. Stir-fry until just cooked through, 4-5 minutes; transfer to a plate. Swirl the remaining 1 tsp. canola oil, then add the mushrooms, ginger and garlic. Stir-fry until softened, 3-4 minutes. Add the cabbage and 2 Tablespoons water; stir-fry until cabbage wilts and is crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes. Add scallions, pork and sherry mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture boils and thickens, about 1 minute.

Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave until hot.

Spoon about 2/3 cup of the pork mixture onto each tortilla, roll up and serve. Makes 6

------

* Exported from MasterCook *

Turkey or Chicken Lettuce Wraps

•10 Boston Bibb or butter lettuce leaves washed and dried
•1 pound of ground turkey (or chopped chicken)
•1 tablespoon of peanut or vegetable oil
•1 large onion -- chopped
•2 cloves of fresh garlic -- minced
•1 tablespoon of low sodium soy sauce
•1/4 cup of hoisin sauce
•2 teaspoons dried ground ginger
•1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
•1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts -- drained and finely chopped
•1 bunch green onions -- chopped
•2 teaspoons Asian (dark) sesame oil
•1 tablespoon of Asian chili pepper sauce (is optional)

Here's a tip: Core the lettuce and soak in ice water for an hour or two for easy removal of intact leaves.

So let's get started making the Lettuce Wraps!First, lightly rinse the whole lettuce leaves and pat dry, being careful not tear them. Set aside. Then in a medium skillet over high heat, add 1 tablespoon of peanut or vegetable oil, the ground turkey,and a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir often until brown.

Drain off the grease and place the cooked turkey in a bowl. Now add the onion to the skillet and stir frequently. Then add the garlic, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, vinegar,and chili pepper sauce. Now stir in the chopped water chestnuts,the green onions, and the sesame oil.

Now add back the cooked turkey. Continue cooking until the onions just begin to wilt, about 2 minutes.Make then dish a centerpiece for your table and arrange the lettuce leaves around the outer edge of a large serving platter, and pile meat mixture in the center.

To serve, allow each person to spoon a portion of the chicken mixture into a lettuce leaf. Add additional Asian chili pepper sauce on top of the mixture for an extra spicy bite.Wrap the lettuce around the meat like a burrito, and enjoy!
-------
Both of the above are very good and also, we've done some from C@H that we've liked, but can't remember where they are. I'll do a search.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Good Asian Chicken Lettuce Wrap Recipe? by cjs (I'll give you a coup...)
Thai Chicken skewer wraps. Cuisine at home, February, 2008- page 42. It's chicken satay in a lettuce wrap, soooo good. If you do not have that issue, I'll gladly post the recipe for you.
  Re: Re: Good Asian Chicken Lettuce Wrap Recipe? by losblanos1 (Thai Chicken skewer ...)
That's the one that we did a B'day review for Lab's dinner a few years ago and we did like it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Good Asian Chicken Lettuce Wrap Recipe? by cjs (That's the one that ...)
How about the Thai Chicken Skewer Wraps we made for my birthday dinner four years ago? The reviews for those were very good.

LOL! Everyone at once - just took me a little longer to post since I was getting the links. ROTFL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Good Asian Chicken Lettuce Wrap Recipe? by labradors (How about the [url=h...)
Thanks all! I should have that issue. I may have even made it and just don't remember (and that would not be a stretch!).
  Re: Re: Good Asian Chicken Lettuce Wrap Recipe? by Trixxee (Thanks all! I shoul...)
"and just don't remember (and that would not be a stretch!)." - Hello, welcome to my world!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Good Asian Chicken Lettuce Wrap Recipe? by cjs ("and just don't reme...)
Seriously, that's the one I thought of. We really enjoyed it and William was very skeptical about it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.