Wine Jello Shots
  Re: (...)
Our good friend at the winery mentioned that they wanted to start making and selling them. Some of the staff had tried to make them, none of them could get it to jell, and noone had molds. Knowing that I had lots of gelatins, and molds, I volunteered to make some. Success!!! So far the favourites are, Peach Wine in Peach Jello, Blackberry wine in Black Raspberry Jello. Today, we will taste the Reisling in Watermelon Jello, and the Blackberry wine in Cherry Jello. If I can get the quantities right, I can see these as a big seller in Spring/Summer. As Sharon says, fingers crossed.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Wine Jello Shots by Lorraine (Our good friend at t...)
Those sound delicious, Lorraine. Do you mind sharing the quantities you used to make them?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wine Jello Shots by Mare749 (Those sound deliciou...)
I am so proud at this moment...I'll be right back..I need to wipe a tear from my eye..
  Re: Re: Wine Jello Shots by DFen911 (I am so proud at thi...)
While Denise is busy sniveling and drooling - I'd love the quantities too - bet I could sell these to Sara for one of the winery dos.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wine Jello Shots by Mare749 (Those sound deliciou...)
I'm happy to share!!! If using boxed Jello, disolve the powder in one C boiling water, then add one C of wine. If using bulk gelatin, mine says to disolve a heaping 1/3 C into 1C boiling water (I add a bit more), then I use 1 C wine for the cold water.
Strange, I have tried using juices/nectars for the boiling water, added to unflavoured gelatins. They have all turned out like Gummy Bears. Not sure why. And, the colour is very clouded. I thought using fresh juice etc and an unfloavoured gelatin would be better, but so far, I've been wrong.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Wine Jello Shots by cjs (While Denise is busy...)
Lol ok can you imagine inviting folks for a wine tasting party and serving these instead? Hahaha Oh to see their faces.

Sometimes I've put things in the shooter to texture...what about a little piece of cheese?
  Re: Re: Wine Jello Shots by Lorraine (I'm happy to share!!...)
IF we can stay out of the syrup that I can my fruit in, I love to add it to jello, but it's completely clear or a tinge of red if it's plums, pluots, etc. Really good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wine Jello Shots by Lorraine (I'm happy to share!!...)
Thanks Lorraine, I'm going to make one of these tonight for S.B. tomorrow!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wine Jello Shots by cjs (IF we can stay out o...)
Quote:

IF we can stay out of the syrup that I can my fruit in, I love to add it to jello, but it's completely clear or a tinge of red if it's plums, pluots, etc. Really good.

Hmmm - wondering here. . . . ???

Jean, my grandmother used to save all the syrup off her home canned fruit to make tapioca.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wine Jello Shots by Harborwitch ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Good idea, Sharon's Grandma!
www.achefsjourney.com