Shrimp &Grits w/ Tomato Cream Sauce-review
  Re: (...)
Last night's dinner was from the Weeknight Menus vol 2 cookbook .....Shrimp and Grits with tomato cream sauce. A definite 12 out of 10 in my opinion. We had another couple over and we all practically licked our plates. I made the tomato sauce ahead of time and tasted it to season and that alone is so amazing. I am shocked there was any left for dinner. The main part is supposed to be kielbasa,onions,peppers, and shrimp. I subbed chirizo. The entire thing is to be served on a bowl of creamy grits but I made cheese grits. I woke up wanting more this morning. One of the best meals I have ever made to date! My only complaint is there could have been more.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Shrimp &Grits w/ Tomato Cream Sauce-review by chef_Tab (Last night's dinner ...)
Oh shrimp and grits!! That sounds so wonderful! I just looked thru the books I have and don't see the recipe, Theresa.

on the covers:
Bacon-wrapped Cider Pork Steaks
half a chicken with roasted tato and asparagus
and the cover for Cuisine tonight: tortilla chip chicken

One of those? I remember when Billy (and Tracie) were at out house (the barn) in California, we made Shrimp and Grits that were so good, we were all just groaning over them. I sent what little was left over home with Billy and Roy had a fit when he found out. I don't think I've made them since.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Shrimp &Grits w/ Tomato Cream Sauce-review by cjs (Oh shrimp and grits!...)
The cover has Chicken Francese with sauteed asparagus and under weeknight menus it says, 15&30 minute entrees with sides for every night of the week. I will go ahead and type up the recipe in case anyone needs it.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Shrimp &Grits w/ Tomato Cream Sauce-review by chef_Tab (The cover has Chicke...)
Don't bother, Theresa - I found the thread where Billy posted the recipe.

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...part=1&vc=1

(I hope you see this before you go to the trouble)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Shrimp &Grits w/ Tomato Cream Sauce-review by cjs (Don't bother, Theres...)
Geeze! So many recipes, so little time.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.