What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/8??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Roy has been wanting chicken wings, so that will be it with some oven roasted potatoes (from garden) and a salad.

Took my little 'sample bottle' to applebees with me yesterday and the mgr. gave me a sample of the Oriental Salad dressing to compare. He took a little of both back to the kitchen and the chef immediately came out to talk to me. He suggested I try adding chicken fat and maybe using a sugar syrup (instead of honey) to thicken it up a little.

Mine version was a little sweeter than the original, but pretty much flavor right on. So, a successful testing, somewhat.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/8?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Jean, did you enjoy the chicken salad? That's pretty nice that the chef came out to talk with you and offer suggestions. I don't think that would ever happen around here!

Dinner tonight is once again from the book that I got from the library called Easy Chinese Recipes. On the menu is the author's version of Sweet and Sour Pork that looks nothing like the take-out version. It is very pretty, has vegetables, and does not have that awful orange sauce.

Also will be having steamed jasmine rice and Sichuan String Beans.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/8?? by Mare749 (Jean, did you enjoy ...)
I am thinking about doing Szechuan Noodles tonight.

And now I have this image of Jean rendering chicken fat and sending Roy to the store for more chickens
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/8?? by DFen911 (I am thinking about ...)
As a matter of fact, Denise -
[Image: CIMG1961.jpg]

that's exactly what I am doing! I bought 4 chickens at Costco yesterday and broke them down. That's funny!

I ended up not having the salad itself - they had a new insert with offerings under 550 calories and the Lime chicken sounded so good, I went with that. Plus, the chef told me the Oriental Chicken salad is the highest cal/fat of anything on their menu. Wow!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/8?? by cjs (As a matter of fact,...)
Tony won't be home so I'm picking up a $5 pizza from Little Ceasar's for Michael and I.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/8?? by Trixxee (Tony won't be home s...)
Grilled salmon with Pernod-spinach-mushroom sauce, apple pecan salad and asparagus.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/8?? by losblanos1 (Grilled salmon with ...)
Love, love, love the C@H Grilling books' Skewered Citrus Chicken Wings. They are just wonderful!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/8?? by cjs (Love, love, love the...)
My sister and I made a fig, prosciutto, mozzerella and basil whole wheat pizza tonight. Surprise ingredient-tomato paste in a tube. Sounds wierd but very good! Rounded out the meal with a little red flannel hash just because I had it on hand.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/8?? by pjcooks (My sister and I made...)
Oh lordy Jean that made me laugh!!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/8?? by DFen911 (Oh lordy Jean that m...)
[Image: wowzzt.jpg]

Sorry for yelling: just had the hoisin pork belly.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?