What's on the Menu, Thurs., 2/9??
  Re: (...)
What is everyone planning for today?

I've got some country ribs ready in the crockpot to start when we leave for Everett this a.m. The house will certainly smell good tonight!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's on the Menu, Thurs., 2/9?? by cjs (What is everyone pla...)
Hog wings, crab cakes, and tater salad. I have some 18 hr bread started (an experiment using leftover chili cheese grits and buttermilk for the liquid) that I will bake in hamburger bun pans .
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thurs., 2/9?? by Lorraine (Hog wings, crab cake...)
Haven't decided yet. I have to pick up the girls from school today and take them to their dance class. Ron has a doctor appt. so won't be home until later. Might just do grilled cheese and tomato soup.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thurs., 2/9?? by Mare749 (Haven't decided yet....)
Chicken tacos.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thurs., 2/9?? by Trixxee (Chicken tacos....)
LOL! Trixxee, that's what I'm planning for tomorrow! I'm having leftover pork belly tonight (I've frozen the rest of the leftovers from it), but tomorrow I'm going to cook some leftover chicken in a bunch of butter and Sriracha, toss it into some corn-tortilla shells with some lettuce, tomato and onion, then top it off with blue cheese to make "Buffalo Chicken Tacos."
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thurs., 2/9?? by labradors (LOL! Trixxee, that's...)
I'm making another new favorite- Steak Rumaki with brandy vanilla sauce. Asparagus and Pommes frites for sides.

Edited to add- I'm also made Maple pumpkin crème Brulée, I haven't tried out my new Brulée set yet. I've made this before, it tastes just like pumpkin pie.

[Image: IMG_4307.jpg]
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thurs., 2/9?? by losblanos1 (I'm making another n...)
We went to the local tavern for burgers and cocktails. Easy and yummy!
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thurs., 2/9?? by karyn (We went to the local...)
Tuna "patties", coleslaw, and I'm not sure what else yet.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thurs., 2/9?? by Harborwitch (Tuna "patties", cole...)
Blane that is just cruel!

I did the Shogayaki Chicken with the Ginger rice (I did jasmine rice though not just white rice).

This was YUUMMY!!! Perfect amount of sauce! I think I'll add a few sliced mushrooms next time. I'm tellin ya...fresh ginger is where it is at!
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thurs., 2/9?? by DFen911 (Blane that is just c...)
Show off! LOL
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!