Kid friendly meals
  Re: (...)
Starting on Wednesday morning, I will be helping take care of Alyssa and Tommy, my two youngest grandbabies. Their mom and dad are going to Hawaii to celebrate their tenth anniversary and will be gone for ten days.

So....I am trying to menu plan some easy and kid friendly meals. I have breakfast and lunch pretty much covered, but dinner time is more of a problem due to after school activities. I sure could use some ideas from all of the busy moms out there.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Kid friendly meals by Mare749 (Starting on Wednesda...)
Funny that I should see this in a restaurant today:

[Image: momslogicthedisassemble.jpg]
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Kid friendly meals by labradors (Funny that I should ...)
Chicken teriyaki and rice comes to mind. If they don't like cooked vegetables, carrot sticks would work as a side.

Sliders and homemade fries (or frozen tater tots!).

Breakfast for dinner.

Homemade pizzas with their choice of toppings.
  Re: Re: Kid friendly meals by Trixxee (Chicken teriyaki and...)
My kids always liked spaghetti and tacos Ham is another kid favorite food.
  Re: Re: Kid friendly meals by HomeCulinarian (My kids always liked...)
Spaghetti, Tacos, Pizza and hot dogs topped with mashed potatoes and cheese (.......page 91 L/Os) were always a favorite with my kids.

Wow, 10 days - Grandma and Grandpa will collapse on the 11th day!! But, you'll have fun.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Kid friendly meals by cjs (Spaghetti, Tacos, Pi...)
Wow, you guys are great! I haven't had time to really give this much thought but you are all so right! Jean, I won't have the kids with me the whole time. Holly is off of work Friday thru Monday, so they will be with her part of the time, too.

Trixxee, teriyaki chicken and rice is one of my standby meals when any of the grandkids are here. Thanks for the reminder.

Labs, I love that picture! How funny!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Kid friendly meals by Mare749 (Wow, you guys are gr...)
How about Cheeseburger Soup or Lasagna soup? I'm trying to think of crock pot ideas for when they have after school activities, but haven't come up with anything.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Kid friendly meals by Lorraine (How about Cheeseburg...)
oh the crockpot - the chicken and burrito thing that Billy and I loved so much!! YUM>
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Kid friendly meals by cjs (oh the crockpot - th...)
Quote:

oh the crockpot - the chicken and burrito thing that Billy and I loved so much!! YUM>

. . . . and me!!!!

Chile-mac with corn was the girls favorite! I used to make chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and a cream gravy with a lot of good ol' yellow mustard in it. Green beans with bacon & onion.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Kid friendly meals by Harborwitch ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Here's something for the kids, Maryann! I started an 18 hr bread, subbed 1 C of sifted cocoa for the flour. At the 2nd rise, add 1 C chopped cherries (I used canned ones), and 1/2 cup sugar along with the flour. I cooked it in a round cake pan. Toasted, with a bit of butter, (I'm thinking peanut butter will be even better), the taste was fabulous. The texture is softer than the regular recipe, and condensed, rather than open, airy holes. But the taste..... The next time I make it, I will use the juice from the cherries as part of the liquid.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.