T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/17???
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone??

My shipment of Burrata cheese and red & black caviar came yesterday, so I'm playing today and tomorrow....

decisions, decisions, decisions...

For Theresa, our beer connoisseur (sp?) - What to Drink with What You Eat suggests beer is a good match with caviar, so Roy is picknig up -
Tecate and have with lemon
dry Pilsner
along with sparkling, of course

Have too many ideas to do all, but we'll have fun!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/17??? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I have some asparagus to use so I need to make something that will go with that. I'll let my husband pick. It's either chicken with sundried tomato cream sauce or pan-seared five spice tilapia with orange ginger sauce.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/17??? by Trixxee (I have some asparagu...)
Tonight it's spicy meatballs in fresh tomato sauce with pasta (spaghetti & meatballs) and Parmesan/garlic bread. Dessert is Apple Vol-au-vents with cinnamon & creme sauce.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/17??? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's spicy m...)
We have a groupon for a local pub with great food, so dinner will be out tonight, (no kids) then we're picking up Alyssa to come home with us until tomorrow evening. We are rotating the kids with Holly this weekend so they don't all get on each other's nerves too much.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/17??? by Mare749 (We have a groupon fo...)
Have fun baby sitting, Maryann! Cricket and I will have our usual steak night!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/17??? by Gourmet_Mom (Have fun baby sittin...)
Yuck we had to eat out and all that was around was fastfood. We made it just outside Woodland CA. Should make it to Sutherlin around 5pm tomorrow.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/17??? by DFen911 (Yuck we had to eat o...)
You need a GPS, Denise!! Safe trip!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/17??? by DFen911 (Yuck we had to eat o...)
Travel safely! Gawd you'll be so close!

We found some thin cut sirloin steaks in the sale bin, I cut them into strips, seasoned with greek seasoning and "stir fried" with peppers, onions, garlic, and mushrooms. We wrapped it pita with some feta. Yummy, and simple.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 2/17??? by Harborwitch (Travel safely! Gawd...)
Stay safe, Denise!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.