What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/22??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu today??

Leftover's here - we're off to Everett today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/22?? by cjs (What's on the menu t...)
I still have ham stock, so ham soup, and probably cornbread.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/22?? by Lorraine (I still have ham sto...)
I'm doing teriyaki chicken in the crockpot with sides of fried rice (from Trader Joe's) and roasted asparagus. I'm on the Blane asparagus bandwagon. I just can't pass it up when it's 99 cents a pound.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/22?? by Trixxee (I'm doing teriyaki c...)
Isn't that crazy? It's $1.29 a lb. here. I had to look twice! And it's been good too.

Since this is the start of Lent for some of us, tonight will be fish. I got some homemade pierogis from a local church, and I made some coleslaw. I'll pan-fry some tilapia.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/22?? by Mare749 (Isn't that crazy? I...)
Up til yesterday asparagus at Safeway was $1.49lb, today it's $4.99lb. YIKES!!!
I still bought a couple of pounds though. I LOVE asparagus. That said, I guess you all know what my side dish is tonight . The entrée is stove-top tater tot dish from the new Cuisine Quick & Easy cookbook.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/22?? by losblanos1 (Up til yesterday asp...)
Change of plans, I forgot it was Ash Wednesday. Pulled some flounder out of the freezer, have some brussel sprouts, and maybe brown rice.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/22?? by Lorraine (Change of plans, I f...)
Good gravy - $4.99! Blane, let me know how that dish turns out. I was just looking through that book about an hour ago and somehow missed that the first time I looked through it.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/22?? by Trixxee (Good gravy - $4.99! ...)
We just pulled in the driveway. Wow we went from 45 degrees and light rain/snow to 88 degrees and very breezy here in CA.

So I think I'll bbq a game hen I have thawing now and maybe some green beans that were smuggled in my ice-chest from last summers harvest. Sshh don't tell the agriculture check station.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/22?? by DFen911 (We just pulled in th...)
So anxious to hear how the trip went, Denise - and how the homestead is holdng up without the Master and Mistress in residence!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/22?? by cjs (So anxious to hear h...)
Oh Jean everything was just perfect! We got a good size load up there. And SOOOO keeping our fingers crossed that the retirement information that we are waiting on will allow us to leave CA at the end of August.

Standing on our patio and our front pouch just lifted so much stress from our shoulders. We both just literally just started to smile. I looked at Derek and he looked at me and we both just grinned and said "what?!" We both just laughed