Search Help - looking for a meatball recipe
  Re: (...)
and I can see it in my mind - I think it may have been a recipe Labs shared. It was meatballs with a creamy mushroom sauce.

Does that ring any bells? I tried to search for it but FAILED! Thanks in advance.
  Re: Search Help - looking for a meatball recipe by Trixxee (and I can see it in ...)
I did a search and found these threads on meatballs & mushrooms, but nothing from Labs, which surprises me - usually when mushrooms are mentioned, he's right in the middle of it all!!

Meatball Mushroom Stroganoff – you’ll have to scroll down Erin’s post quite a ways -

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post28670

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post29176

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post49553

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...part=1&vc=1

Maybe one of these will be what you're looking for....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Search Help - looking for a meatball recipe by cjs (I did a search and f...)
Oh lord - I said thanks for these links on the What's For Dinner thread instead of here. I guess I hadn't had enough coffee yet (even though all I drink is decaf). LOL. I'm losing it.
  Re: Re: Search Help - looking for a meatball recipe by Trixxee (Oh lord - I said tha...)
Welcome to my world, Trixxee!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Search Help - looking for a meatball recipe by cjs (Welcome to my world,...)
In any case, I'm sure glad that Trixxee asked! Great recipes here and something I haven't done for a while. Thanks for posting, Jean.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Search Help - looking for a meatball recipe by Mare749 (In any case, I'm sur...)
We love meatballs. I've saved this one as a favourite!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Search Help - looking for a meatball recipe by Lorraine (We love meatballs. ...)
The one cooked in beef stock is awesome, and I haven't done that one in ages!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Search Help - looking for a meatball recipe by Gourmet_Mom (The one cooked in be...)
Where's Labs? I thought he'd come on and help with mushrooms being a part of the dish.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Search Help - looking for a meatball recipe by cjs (Where's Labs? I thou...)
This is my all time favorite meatball sauce. I've used IT with the meatballs from the 3 way recipe posted earlier, but most of the time I just buy Kirkland frozen meatballs. I always make enough to have some the next day. The sauce is adapted from CC's Salisbury Steak which is also fantastic, but takes longer to make. Hope someone likes it as much as we do.
EXPORTED FROM LIVING COOKBOOK

MEATBALLS WITH SALISBURY STEAK SAUCE*****

Dish can be prepared ahead and refrigerated and finished next day. Great with make ahead mashed potatoes.

Servings: 4

16 Cooked meatballs
3 TBS. unsalted butter
1 large onion , halved and sliced thin
8 oz. Dried apricots chopped small
¼ cup ruby port or tawny port or dry sherry
2 garlic cloves minced
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1 lb. white mushrooms, sliced thin
1 TBS. tomato paste
2 TBS. all-purpose flour
1¾ cups low-sodium beef broth

Place meatballs in a 8 x11 (2 qts) Pyrex pan and microwaved them for 5 minutes to defrost them.

Slice onions and mushrooms.

Add onion and remaining butter to empty skillet and cook until onion is softened, about 5-10 minutes. Add minced garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and ½ tsp. salt and cook until liquid has evaporated, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and flour and cook until browned, about 2 minutes. Slowly stir in broth and port and bring to simmer. Return meatballs to skillet, cover, and simmer over medium-low heat until cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes. Season sauce with salt and pepper. Serve.

Preparation: 30 minutes Cooking: 45 minutes Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes

Author: MINE
Source: Adapted from COOK'S COUNTRY 10/2007

Recipe Type: ALINA'S ADAPTATION, Beef, Cooks Country, Dried Apricots, Main Dish, Meat, Mushrooms
  Re: Re: Search Help - looking for a meatball recipe by Cubangirl (This is my all time ...)
Jean, you forgot that I was out of town.

Trixxee, I think the recipe you mentioned may be THIS ONE.

If that doesn't look like the right one, let me known and I'll try again.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?