What's for Dinner,Saturday, 2/25??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today - Can we top the menus from yesterday???

We're having steak and oven-baked Parm fries. The winds have been horrendous, so maybe not grill, darn.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner,Saturday, 2/25?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Whole chicken are on sale for .79/lb so I'm making a roasted chicken, gravy, rice and canned corn.

I'll make some tortilla soup with the leftovers tomorrow. I'll get a lot of mileage out of a $4 chicken!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner,Saturday, 2/25?? by Trixxee (Whole chicken are on...)
Thanks Jean! I don't think any of these were what I was looking for but if I still can't find the what I think I'm looking for, one of these will work!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner,Saturday, 2/25?? by Trixxee (Whole chicken are on...)
Right now, I'm in the middle of making tamales with red chili pork. It's a recipe that I've wanted to make for quite awhile. That's just to keep me busy,
for dinner tonight my wife is cooking and has picked the crab & goat cheese raviolis from the new issue of Cuisine, only she's going to substitute lobster for the crab. I'm fine with that!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner,Saturday, 2/25?? by losblanos1 (Right now, I'm in th...)
I'm making a Catalan stew from the current issue from cooks illustrated. Made it for my daughter last weekend while visiting her and want to give another go it was that good!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner,Saturday, 2/25?? by HomeCulinarian (I'm making a Catalan...)
No ideas yet...but right now I want to go to Blanes house
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner,Saturday, 2/25?? by DFen911 (No ideas yet...but r...)
We're having filets and I'm steaming a bunch of littlenecks. We're celebrating. We just paid off our mortgage!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner,Saturday, 2/25?? by HomeCulinarian (I'm making a Catalan...)
Quote:

I'm making a Catalan stew from the current issue from cooks illustrated. Made it for my daughter last weekend while visiting her and want to give another go it was that good!

Jeannette, That stew is delicious! Enjoy!!

Congratulations, Barbara! That is worth celebrating!

We're headed into Atlanta for Oysterfest, which is taking place right outside my son's condo...he has free passes because of the inconvenience and it sounds like fun to us too. I don't know if we'll fill up on beer and oysters or go somewhere for dinner. I guess we'll see.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner,Saturday, 2/25?? by BarbaraS (We're having filets ...)
Congratulations, Barbara! Good reason to celebrate.

Not sure yet what we're going to make for dinner, but I'm making Noodle Soup for Needy People for lunch. We're having a lazy day today with no kiddies. Gosh, it's quiet around here!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: What's for Dinner,Saturday, 2/25?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
After a week of fish, shellfish, gumbo, etc at Mardi Gras we are having two 8 oz strips, grilled, mushrooms, baked tomatoes, and a blu cheese green salad!! Jean, we are having a Pirouette 2008, Columbia Valley red wine , rated 98 by Wine Enthusiast. It is 63% Cab, 22% Merlot, 9% cab franc, and 6% petit verdot. It is from the Long Shadows group--great wines, I joined their club--look at www.longshadows.com
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".