The Marlboro Cookbook
  Re: (...)
Billy gave me this one years ago. I know many folks hate it, because of it's connection to tobacco. but, it has great recipes, and Jean's Grandmother cooked at one of the camps. On the sale table today were bags and bags of pears. some fine, some a bit bruised. The fruit doesn't have to be perfect, I can cut off bruises. He took one look at the bags of pears and said, "the Marlboro Cookbook has a recipe for Butter Stewed Fruit". Bought up the pears, came home and found the Marlboro book. It's on the stove cooking , and smelling fabulous. It will be on the buffet table Sunday to be eaten with biscuits or cornbread muffins.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: The Marlboro Cookbook by Lorraine (Billy gave me this o...)
Yup, both my grandmas were camp cooks at one time or another That sounds so good, Lorraine. I can't convince Roy (yet) to pick up the fruit that is bruised - that it is good!! I'd love to smell your kitchen!

By the way speaking of smoking, even after 18 years (wow, already?) I still love to go stand by someone smoking. Remember how I loved to go out with you and Billy? And, Roy was such a killjoy.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Lorraine,

OMG, I thought I had the same Marlboro cookbook that we got when there was a promo to send in the UPC codes, but I don't see the recipe. Ours is titled, "Towns, Trains & Specialties". I have to look through this one again!

Please post your recipe.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
Quote:

It will be on the buffet table Sunday to be eaten with biscuits or cornbread muffins.

Oooh, I'm picturing pear shortcake. Sounds wonderful Lorraine!
  Re: Re: The Marlboro Cookbook by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
That sounds really good, Lorraine. Your guests are very lucky.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: The Marlboro Cookbook by BarbaraS (Lorraine,[br][br]OMG...)
I can't find mine!! I quit smoking in Jan '99--I swore in Feb that if I was diagnosed with an incurable condition, I would get my friend in Bryan, Jimmy Bond to lite a 25 mile long cigarette, and I would smoke the whole thing!! Luck being with me, the desire passed --I've been smoke free since--don't even want one--but OMG they were so good!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".