Sticky Rice Sundaes with Pineapple Salsa
  Re: (...)
In looking around for that Norwegian meatball recipe on the interwebs somehow this Cuisine at Home recipe also popped up. It's from 2006 sometime. Has anyone made it? I've never had sticky rice but it the recipe sounds like it would go really good with some grilled fish or shrimp. Hmmm...may have to work this into this weekend somehow seeing that it's going to be warming up again. It's been too cold to grill even in S. California lately.

http://www.food.com/recipe/sticky-rice-s...lsa-197719
  Re: Sticky Rice Sundaes with Pineapple Salsa by Trixxee (In looking around fo...)
I absolutely love sticky rice and I'm going to have to look this one over when I get home.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sticky Rice Sundaes with Pineapple Salsa by cjs (I absolutely love st...)
That sure does sound good. It would be perfect with seafood! It hit 80+ today, here! I need to get William to bring home some fish or shrimp soon. When he does, I'm making this!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sticky Rice Sundaes with Pineapple Salsa by Gourmet_Mom (That sure does sound...)
Okay, what do you do with the sticky rice??

Barbara

EDIT TO ADD - DUH! I swear I saw "serve over ice cream" earlier instead of rice and had to wait until I got home to post to this!!!!

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Sticky Rice Sundaes with Pineapple Salsa by BarbaraS (Okay, what do you do...)
Barbara - you're probably confusing Labs' dessert/sundae thread with this one. I can see why - how often is the word "sundae" used twice in two days here?
  Re: Re: Sticky Rice Sundaes with Pineapple Salsa by Trixxee (Barbara - you're pro...)
Trixxee, I'm not positive, but I think some of us made that dessert back then. It sounds that familiar.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sticky Rice Sundaes with Pineapple Salsa by Mare749 (Trixxee, I'm not pos...)
Hmmm...I was thinking it was a side dish versus a dessert since the salsa has onions and peppers in it?
  Re: Re: Sticky Rice Sundaes with Pineapple Salsa by Trixxee (Hmmm...I was thinkin...)
My mistake. I spoke up before looking at the recipe. That's not the one I was thinking of. I'll have to go look through back issues to find it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sticky Rice Sundaes with Pineapple Salsa by Mare749 (My mistake. I spoke ...)
Me too, now that I'm home and have access to the magazines.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com