Apple-Cheddar Panini - Review C@H Cuisine Lite
  Re: (...)
with spicy pecan butter.

This is delicious - great combinations of flavors. The pecan butter was very interesting. Just toast, toss with salt and cayenne pepper; put in processor until finely chopped then add water to make a nice spreading consistency. That's the only condiment on the sandwich.

[Image: AppleCheesePaniniMar3.jpg]

The bread is homemade English Muffin bread.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Apple-Cheddar Panini - Review C@H Cuisine Lite by cjs (with spicy pecan but...)
Looks great, Jean. When we do grilled cheese station, apple/cheddar is really popular. Thanks for the butter idea.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Apple-Cheddar Panini - Review C@H Cuisine Lite by Lorraine (Looks great, Jean. ...)
Sounds/looks great. Do you use a panini press, or just put a heavy pan on top?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Apple-Cheddar Panini - Review C@H Cuisine Lite by Mare749 (Sounds/looks great. ...)
cast iron skillet on top. The darn Panini (Michael Chirello's sp? high priced one ) is stashed away somewhere and I should really get rid of it.

Lorraine, isn't that a neat idea for the pecan spread??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Apple-Cheddar Panini - Review C@H Cuisine Lite by cjs (cast iron skillet on...)
I love the pecan idea. Folks just love those sandwiches. When I get rich, I'm buying us a big ole panini grill.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Apple-Cheddar Panini - Review C@H Cuisine Lite by Lorraine (I love the pecan ide...)
You know, I have never been able to wrap my brain around apples and cheese? I guess it's part of growing up without cheese and never liking the flavor as a child. I still wouldn't order a cheeseburger or eat yellow cheese plain.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Apple-Cheddar Panini - Review C@H Cuisine Lite by Gourmet_Mom (You know, I have nev...)
Looks delicious! Jean, I'm curious, why did you choose an English muffin bread over the cinnamon-raisin bread?
  Re: Re: Apple-Cheddar Panini - Review C@H Cuisine Lite by Gourmet_Mom (You know, I have nev...)
Quote:

You know, I have never been able to wrap my brain around apples and cheese?

When the fruit and cheese trays are out at a party, I'll eat a grape with a cube of cheese, but I've tried cheese on apple pie and it did nothing for me. I didn't dislike it - just didn't see why there was all the fuss.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Apple-Cheddar Panini - Review C@H Cuisine Lite by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Because that da-- Maryann has me making so much bread lately, that I don't dare make more!!! (I had the Engllish muffin bread on hand)

Oh man, sharp cheddar on warm apple pie is Roy's number 1 favorite dessert; but I've never gotten into it either. Shredded Parm over a fruit platter with a little drizzle of Balsamic, now that's a favorite of mine!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Apple-Cheddar Panini - Review C@H Cuisine Lite by cjs (Because that da-- Ma...)
Now the parm and balsamic with fruit makes sense! YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.