What's for dinner, Monday, 3/5??
  Re: (...)
What's for dinner for everyone today??

There are some really nice sounding dishes in the Cuisine Lite book, so today we're having Swedish Meatballs with egg noodles.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for dinner, Monday, 3/5?? by cjs (What's for dinner fo...)
Well, I don't actually have any of the ingredients yet but this is what I'm hoping to make. With asparagus and smashed potatoes.

http://noblepig.com/2012/02/23/pork-meda...sauce.aspx
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Monday, 3/5?? by Trixxee (Well, I don't actual...)
We have some leftover ribs so we'll use those. Maybe some fried rice to go with.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Monday, 3/5?? by Mare749 (We have some leftove...)
We should have been half way to Maryland by now, but after getting 2 inches of snow between 7am and 9am, we've cancelled for today. Will try again tomorrow (we really want to go to the food show tomorrow). It may be breakfast for supper, or Mushroom Barley Soup. No strawberries for dessert. I fell asleep on the couch very early last night (as usual after working). Gil caught the cat licking the sugar off all of the berries, so threw them out.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Monday, 3/5?? by Lorraine (We should have been ...)
Be sure to tell us all about it when you get back, Lorraine. And safe travels!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Monday, 3/5?? by Mare749 (Be sure to tell us a...)
It's been so darn long since I've gone to a food show - the one in Las Vegas used to be absolutely wonderful!! Have fun, guys. Bring back lots of ideas for us.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Monday, 3/5?? by cjs (It's been so darn lo...)
"Cuisine Lite book, so today we're having Swedish Meatballs with egg noodles." now, this was a nice light dinner.

[Image: CIMG2018.jpg]

I'm feeling so virtuous this week..... Plus a serving was 4 of the meatballs and we found 3 were plenty. So, Roy Richard has breakfast tomorrow. happy camper.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Monday, 3/5?? by cjs ("Cuisine Lite book, ...)
Jean, I am so craving noodles, it looks fabulous! darn, we should have left today. Apparently the snow storm only hit us, 20 miles away they had nothing. We could be sitting in the hotel room by now. Or having supper at a great little (real little ) Mexican restaurant a few blocks away from the hotel. I've never found a whole wheat pasta we like. Any suggestions??
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Monday, 3/5?? by Lorraine (Jean, I am so cravin...)
I like Trader Joe's whole wheat and someone mentioned months ago to be sure and undercook (timewise) w.w. pasta otherwise it can go mushy.

You should adopt Tracie - we call her before we head out on a road trip - her drivers keep her up to date on all the roads.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner, Monday, 3/5?? by cjs (I like Trader Joe's ...)
Since it's snowing here, I thought soup would be a good choice for tonights meal. I made this Taco soup a couple of weeks ago and it is so delicious.

[Image: Tacosoup.jpg]