What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/6??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today??

We're switching it up a little today - noontime will be a bowl of soup and dinner (later) will be a slow-cooker Italian pot roast with cannellini beans from C@H's Slow Cooker book.

Does anyone ever use the fast time for a slow cooker?? I just realized since I have to switch up our eating times today because of the 8-9 hour cooking, it hit me that I never have. huh.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/6?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I use the high heat option on my crockpot - I'll go about 75% or 80% at high and then switch it down to low, depending on how close it is.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/6?? by Harborwitch (I use the high heat ...)
It's between carne asada tacos and pinto beans or cheese ravioli with marinara sauce and I think there's either a couple of meatballs or italian sausages in that frozen sauce. Whatever we don't have today we will have tomorrow.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/6?? by Trixxee (It's between carne a...)
Found this in my inbox, perfect for today as I'm babysitting

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker...Recipe&me=1
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/6?? by farnfam (Found this in my inb...)
My slow cooker is on its way and it is beginning to smell so good in here. One hour on high and the rest on low - high speed Hanna has to get things going.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/6?? by cjs (My slow cooker is on...)
Hey Cis, nice to "see" you! Hope you had a fabulous trip.

Jean, I always start my crockpot on high for one hour, then turn to low, just because...

Dinner tonight is beef stroganoff over kluski noodles, roasted veggies on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/6?? by Mare749 (Hey Cis, nice to "se...)
I really should have edited my earlier question - I have never cooked entirely on HIGH. But, I do start it out on HIGH quite often.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/6?? by cjs (I really should have...)
Tonight, it's chicken parmesan over angel hair pasta and a veggie side.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/6?? by cjs (I really should have...)
Jean, I often cook on the high setting. The 4 to 6 hour range is perfect for us. Also my CI Slow Cooker book says to only cook chicken pieces (preferable thighs) on the Low setting only and for 4 to 6 hours. Never longer.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 3/6?? by esgunn (Jean, I often cook ...)
I did not know that, Erin - thanks and good to see you!! We miss you around here, but sure understand with all the gymnists (sp?) in the family. (aren't you glad you didn't have quads?????????????)
www.achefsjourney.com