I Have a New Cookbook
  Re: (...)
....after promising myself - NO MORE!!!!!

But, it's for a good cause - Chef4Students is having an auction and this is one of the things I bid on. Nancie McDermott's "Quick & Easy Vietnamese"

Looking thru it, there are some really good recipes. One, that my Chef/Instructor Trung Bui taught us to make (but never really got the recipe from him) for Sugarcane Shrimp (chao tom). I remember how much we all just loved this dish, so fingers crossed.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: I Have a New Cookbook by cjs (....after promising ...)
That shrimp sounds good! We're have Chili Prawns tonight (we thank you for sharing that one everytime we stuff ourselves with them).
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: I Have a New Cookbook by Harborwitch (That shrimp sounds g...)
Oh how fun!! keep us posted with recipes and reviews
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: I Have a New Cookbook by farnfam (Oh how fun!! keep u...)
Very cool, Jean! Wiiliam LOVES Vietnamese! You'll have to look for his favorite chicken dish for Maryann! I can't wait to hear about your adventures in cooking from this one. It may just be what I need to jump start my cooking slump!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: I Have a New Cookbook by Gourmet_Mom (Very cool, Jean! Wi...)
Jean, I'm pretty sure that was one of the books I had from the library a while back, but will have to check.

Oh yes, the illusive search for Kim's spicy chicken and rice recipes. I'm just hoping that when Jean makes her way across the country and stops to see Daphne, they go into town for lunch, so Jean can figure out how they make that dish.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: I Have a New Cookbook by Mare749 (Jean, I'm pretty sur...)
sounds interesting - what is the dish called?

The dishes she lists -
Hainan Chicken and Rice with Ginger-Lime Dipping Sauce (com ga; nuoc mam gung)

Five-Spice Roast chicken (ga ngu vi huong)

Lelmongrass chicken (ga xao xa ot)

and, they all sound very tasty.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I Have a New Cookbook by cjs (sounds interesting -...)
Jean, it's called "Kim's Spicy Chicken" and it is William's (Daphne's hubbie) favorite dish to have for lunch on Thursday at a local restaurant in Southport. The woman who cooks it is Vietnamese and the dish is just divine. She also makes a fantastic fried rice for the side that Daphne has been trying to duplicate for years. Sure wish she could get that lady to give up her recipes.

I'm going to order that book from the library again. Must have forgotten to copy some of those recipes when I got all involved in the other book that I had at the same time.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."