Thursday, What's for Dinner 3/8??
  Re: (...)
What is on everyone's menu for today?

We are going to the RV show in Tacoma - told Roy we should lock up all our checkbooks, cards, etc. We may get into trouble today. So, no planned dinner.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday, What's for Dinner 3/8?? by cjs (What is on everyone'...)
I'm having lunch with friends, so dinner will probably just be a salad or soup for me, with a steak for Ron and a baked potato or fries.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday, What's for Dinner 3/8?? by Mare749 (I'm having lunch wit...)
Feeling pretty uninspired today. Might just wind up with chicken piccata, smashed potatoes and steamed carrots.

Or maybe Tony can pick something up.
  Re: Re: Thursday, What's for Dinner 3/8?? by Trixxee (Feeling pretty unins...)
Good ol' meatloaf (but with ground turkey and sausage) a big tossed salad with balsamic dressing, and polenta. Not really gourmet fare, but comforting in it's own way
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Thursday, What's for Dinner 3/8?? by farnfam (Good ol' meatloaf (b...)
I've been heavily involved in the Purim celebration at my school, so I'm tired. I think we're just going to head over to the local tavern for a quick bite.

As an aside, working at a Jewish Day School this year has been a fascinating experience. It is so interesting as your basic WASP to be in the minority for the entire work week. I'm enjoying myself more all the time, and even picking up a few Hebrew prayers. I figure prayer in any language is healthy!
  Re: Re: Thursday, What's for Dinner 3/8?? by karyn (I've been heavily in...)
"I figure prayer in any language is healthy!". I agree! Good for you, Karyn! I can relate to the tired factor. I gave William a few options for dinner, and he chose pot roast, not his favorite,since he knew it was the least work for me. He's such a good hubbie! I'm serving French style green beans for a side.

I'm hoping to get more adventurous in meals this weekend. Finally, money and time are in my favor to get adventurous! Although, the price I paid for this pot roast...chuck....was shocking! Lorraine's meat man wasn't kidding! And my guy said it's not as high as it's going to get! A small chuck for 12 bucks?!?! REALLY?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday, What's for Dinner 3/8?? by Gourmet_Mom ("I figure prayer in ...)
Karyn, you being immersed in Jewish tradition all week is how I feel when I'm reading Faye Kellerman's books. Her Decker family is such a learning experience for me and so very interesting.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com