Is anyone sprouting seeds?
  Re: (...)
This time of the year always brings the urge to grow something...Sprouts seem to be the answer. Last year, it was broccoli, alfalfa, and radish.

This week, I tried chick peas. Only takes a few days, they are super nutritious and can be used raw or cooked in salads, soups, and bean burgers.

For more info, go to www.sproutpeople.org
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Is anyone sprouting seeds? by Mare749 (This time of the yea...)
I was going to go back to sprouting goodies last year and never got to it! So glad you brought this up, I really do want to do this.

I have not done garbanzo beans, but I do have some raw ones, so I'm set. Thanks Maryann!!

speaking of things to do - my projects this winter were to make marshmallows and more cheeses - darn, have done neither yet - where the heck has the winter gone?????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Is anyone sprouting seeds? by cjs (I was going to go ba...)
Never thought of garbanzo beans, but I have a huge bag of them!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Is anyone sprouting seeds? by Lorraine (Never thought of gar...)
William just pulled up the last of the winter veggies and plowed under the garden. He and Jody will probably plant in the next week or two. They always plant seeds, except for the potatoes, of course.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Is anyone sprouting seeds? by Gourmet_Mom (William just pulled ...)
I started the seeds for the garden this week.

Is it time to start a garden thread???? (sorry Maryann!)
  Re: Re: Is anyone sprouting seeds? by Lorraine (I started the seeds ...)
Probably is -....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Is anyone sprouting seeds? by cjs (Probably is -.......)
We can't plant anything here until the first or second week of May, but can start seeds indoors. I'm hoping we will be able to fence in our garden area this year to keep out the deer.

About the chick peas...they are really, really tasty. Put a little salt on them and snack away.
Maryann

Re: Re: Is anyone sprouting seeds? by Mare749 (We can't plant anyth...)
Bringing this back up to the top since our gardening season is over here. Started a batch of "French Garden blend" spouts on Sunday night, (thank you, Lorraine! ) Should be ready to use by tomorrow. Here is the description for anyone who might be interested:

http://sproutpeople.org/french.html

I plan to make a nice big salad tomorrow and use these on top.
Maryann

Re: Re: Is anyone sprouting seeds? by Mare749 (Bringing this back u...)
Thanks for the reminder, Maryann, I need these for Spring Rolls on Sunday!!!!
  Re: Re: Is anyone sprouting seeds? by Lorraine (Thanks for the remin...)
These are awesome! I have got to get me some of these! I misunderstood when you first brought it up.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.