T.G.I.F. 3/9 - What's for Dinner??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I think we'll have a new recipe from Cookstr.com - Butternut Squash Pizzettas. Roasted rounds of butternut sq. topped with a puree of basil, garlic and olive oil and sprinkled with pistachios. Hope all the favorite flavors go together as well as they sound they will.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. 3/9 - What's for Dinner?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I have a BOGOF coupon for a local mexican place. I'm getting their blackened chicken burrito - which has won an award from Sunset Magazine.

By the way Jean, Zenyatta had her first foal last night - a beautiful colt. I can't believe how much he looks like her. I teared up. It might take the link a few minutes to load because of traffic. So many adoring fans even in her retirement.

http://www.zenyatta.com/diary/diary-post-454
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 3/9 - What's for Dinner?? by Trixxee (I have a BOGOF coupo...)
Oh, the hopes that must be riding ( ) on that little colt!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 3/9 - What's for Dinner?? by cjs (Oh, the hopes that m...)
No kidding Jean! We'll have to wait 2-3 or more years to see him run. Lots of horses start racing at two years old in order to qualify for the Triple Crown (those races are for three year olds only). Zenyatta wasn't ready to race until she was 4 - she had to literally grow into her body because she's so big. Her little sister Eblouissante is three and hasn't made her debut yet but I've heard rumors that she will race next month.

OK, back to your regularly scheduled cooking talk!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 3/9 - What's for Dinner?? by Trixxee (No kidding Jean! We...)
I have noted little sister's name....thanks Trixxee.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 3/9 - What's for Dinner?? by cjs (I have noted little ...)
Awwwwwwww! How sweet is that! I was reading a few comments and scrolled down. I never reached the bottom....LOL! WOW!

It's steak night!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 3/9 - What's for Dinner?? by Gourmet_Mom (Awwwwwwww! How swee...)
We had a Cooking Light version of Shrimp Etouffee over rice. It was excellent!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 3/9 - What's for Dinner?? by Mare749 (We had a Cooking Lig...)
a light version? wow, have to go lok for that.

(or look for that )
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 3/9 - What's for Dinner?? by Mare749 (We had a Cooking Lig...)
Maryann, that sounds delicious! Looked it up and got the recipe. I plan to get more seafood into my menu. Hoping for a bumper crop of shrimp this year? Although, gas prices are going to hit hard.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. 3/9 - What's for Dinner?? by Gourmet_Mom (Maryann, that sounds...)
Grilled Beef Filets with Tomato gastrique
Asparagus
Baked potato with goat cheese & Chives