Does anyone make duck soup?
  Re: (...)
I saved the scraps and bones from a peking duck that we purchased from Asia Foods hot food counter. (fantastic!)
So, the stock is simmering on the stove now, and I will chill it overnight so that I can remove the fat from the top tomorrow.

Does anyone have a favorite soup recipe for using duck?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Does anyone make duck soup? by Mare749 (I saved the scraps a...)
Off the top of my head - I've added duck scraps to soups, but have not made a 'duck soup'

- use the broth for a butternut sq. soup and add the duck scraps and a little bacon?

- Asian soup - add some bok choy, rice noodles, snow peas, veggies, mushrooms, cilantro/mint/basil (I love this combination), Thai chilis, lemon grass......

- or a paella using the stock for the rice

do you have any idea how hungry you are making me????

Also, I would think any of your Italian soups using the stock and duck would be wonderful.

Anxious to hear other's thoughts.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Does anyone make duck soup? by Mare749 (I saved the scraps a...)
I'm limited--I've made duck stock and then cleaned the duck off the bones and added the meat to gumbo with, chicken, crawfish, shrimp, chicken stock,etc. Delicious, but a far cry from what you are looking for. AND my ducks were wild!!! I live close enough to Louisiana that there is a little coona-s in me!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Does anyone make duck soup? by Old Bay (I'm limited--I've ma...)
I don't, but I like Jean's Asian idea and the one for paella!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Does anyone make duck soup? by Gourmet_Mom (I don't, but I like ...)
Oh my, I do love gumbo. It just might have to be that.

We love Asian soup and I make it all the time, so did think of that, but we have had it a lot lately. Then, I read online that the duck broth makes great mushroom soup, but made that today with chicken broth.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

Maryann

Re: Re: Does anyone make duck soup? by Mare749 (Oh my, I do love gum...)
Quote:

Does anyone make duck soup?

The Marx Brothers did.

Oddly enough, as much as I love duck, I've never had any kind of soup made from it. Would love to try it!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Does anyone make duck soup? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I've never had it, but I found a recipe from Cuisine at Home for Thai red curry duck soup with pineapple. October 2005.
  Re: Re: Does anyone make duck soup? by losblanos1 (I've never had it, b...)
I sure wish we could buy duck here.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Does anyone make duck soup? by Lorraine (I sure wish we could...)
You probably can, Lorraine. Here, they are in the frozen food department. When I bought duck breasts at the West Side Market, they were also frozen.

Thanks Blane, I'll have to see if I have that recipe. I'm thinking that is before I started subscribing though.
Maryann

Re: Re: Does anyone make duck soup? by Lorraine (I sure wish we could...)
Lorraine,

You should visit the D'Artangnan (sp?) foods online. They have some of the finest products I've seen!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.